Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Blackbird

Blackbird, The Beatles
courtesy of http://www.lyrics-4all.net/Blackbird_Lyrics.html
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.
Blackbird flyblackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird flyblackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

John Lennon certainly knew how to write, huh world?

I'm not targeting pals with these lyrics, but doesn't this one remind you of Raven?

Anywho....GREAT day today! Cool, crisp, ***sunny***--typical fall day. New Boss was away, got lots of work done....yahoo and no pain (well not too much). Even stayed on course with eating (i.e. ate vegetables).

Talked to M about work. He is still home sick, poor baby. He asked about the heart stuff, so I brought him up to speed. Then mentioned that I can start treadmilling. Got a 'whoa no way'--he reminded me that whatever was wrong is still wrong, and until the tests come back to stay off the treadmill. What a sweetie, of course he's right. Jumped the gun.

Also had some lovely funny e mails with S. MAN I miss being with him but it's fun being with the kids too. What S is describing there management wise, is so slimy I can't stand it. If I was still there things would be ugly (can't stand sleeze). New place isn't perfect either but it's a long long way from what the Evil Dwarf is up to (or appears to be up to). Much happier outa there. And I can still talk to Marc, S and Pauly (and Issy) anyhow.

OK the Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is making life really miserable for me now. She's been wailing since I got home. Now this is a cat who used to greet me at the door. For the past few months, she hasn't bothered doing that. Just positions herself in front of her dinner/breakfast dish, gazing into it forlornely and giving me the big sad kitty eyes ("I'm starving you brute") as soon as I get NEAR the kitchen. Once she's fed I have to pet her continuously OR ELSE. She doesn't like me being on the computer, follows me into the bathroom...you know the drill.

Sigh. Who's in charge here?

Not me.

And there's only one other creature here....much bigger than a mouse.... better go take care of her before she starts biting my toes (a fave of hers).

Night world!!! Have a great one!!

Bridg

13 Comments:

  • At 10/17/2005 08:43:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Our spoiled dog actually groans pitifully in front of his food dish! I swear they practice this stuff in front of the mirror while we're at work.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    It's nice when you have a good Monday - it makes the week go by faster!

    Today is my Friday.

    Remember: you don't own your cat; your cat owns you.

     
  • At 10/18/2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, glad I'm not the only one with a really spoiled furry kid. Bet they DO practice, the wicked little things!

    WC, hope you're right about the good Monday! How lovely, having Friday on Monday!

    Your saying reminded me of another one: dogs have masters, cats have staff.

    Both are true....

     
  • At 10/18/2005 08:55:00 AM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    My cat's the same way, I am certainly not in charge.

     
  • At 10/18/2005 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Storm said…

    John Lennon was one of my absolute favorite writers. I loved him. It'll be 25 years since his death this December 8th. :(

     
  • At 10/18/2005 02:58:00 PM, Blogger flea said…

    love this song and i love and adore john lennon and the beatles. i've always loved him as i was born the same year he died and i just feel a connection with his lyrics and music.

    thanks for sharing it! :)

     
  • At 10/18/2005 03:28:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    One day, a homeless guy with a guitar stopped me on the street and asked to play a song. He sang that song, so I gave him a few bucks. Had no idea who wrote it because I never heard that before. It actually sounded good, just with him and an acoustic guitar.

     
  • At 10/18/2005 04:36:00 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    Ah, our kitties and their crazy personalities... it's a wonder how we love them so much!

     
  • At 10/18/2005 06:23:00 PM, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    I love that song. I went to a funeral where the deseased cousin played that song on his guitar while a cousin sang it. Beautiful--not a dry eye in the house.
    My sister has a rotten, spoiled cat--I have children.

     
  • At 10/19/2005 09:17:00 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    I miss my cat and wish I had not left her with the neighbor when we moved to Texas.

     
  • At 10/19/2005 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Niccio Dartsmouth said…

    Just got caught up, sorry i don't get on much because of work. You know how to keep a guy laughing though.. the golf jokes cracked me up... thanks!

     
  • At 10/19/2005 06:01:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I tagged you. Paybacks are a bugger! This one is really interesting.

     
  • At 10/19/2005 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    sadie lou, ~h~, storm and ZS, so glad you liked JL and this song. Can't believe he's been gone that long. It seems like (gulp!) yesterday.

    Leslie, BSoholic and Mel, aren't they the little dears? Don't you just yearn to see their furry little faces when you get home? I sure do...

    OK tshsmom, am on the case lol!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home