Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What's Goin' On

What's Goin' On
Marvin Gaye
Courtesy of: http://www.codehot.co.uk/lyrics/mnop/marvingaye/whatsgoingon.htm

Mother, mother,
there's too many of you crying
Brother, brother, brother,
there's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today,
hey
Father, father, we don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer,
for only love can conquer hate
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today, oh
Picket lines - sister - and picket signs - siste
Don't punish me - sister - with brutality - sister
Talk to me - sister - so you can see - sister
Oh, what's goin' on - what's goin' on, what's goin' on - what's goin' on
Heah, what's goin' on - what's goin' on, oh, what's goin' on - what's goin' on
Ah ah - ay-ay-ay-ay-ay - right on - right on - ay-ay-ay-ay-ay
Mother, mother, everybody thinks we're wrong
Oh, but who are they to judge us
Simply 'cause our hair is long
Oh, you know we've got to find a way
To bring some understanding here today, oh oh oh
Picket lines - brother - and picket signs - brother
Don't punish me - brother - with brutality - brother
Come on, talk to me - brother - so you can see - brother
Now what's goin' on - what's goin' on, yeah, what's goin' on - what's goin' on
Tell me what's goin' on - what's goin' on,
I'll tell you now what's goin' on - what's goin' on
Ooooh - right on - right on - ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

(M. Gaye/A. Cleveland/R. Benson) 1971


Hey y'all how's it going?

It was summer here today! Hotish, sunny, boy if this is climate change we'll take it.

Work still going well. Have not had a dirty look or cross word from anyone and don't expect to. These guys are genuinely nice. No, can't say that any of them could live down to Mr. B's example, thank heaven.

Today my boss went off on a month's sick leave (stress). This is partly why I left so fast, kind of saw this coming. But didn't expect it THIS fast. The poor lady. I asked her to come back fast. Think that she will.

Got work done, did a LOT of reading and analyzing. Didn't call or hear from any of the old gang except Pauly. This place uses different computer/operating systems, so it took a little getting used to but no biggie. It's funny, the work load is high, stress in that sense might be there but I can't feel it, since mean-manager stress is absent. Kind of like what it must feel for prisoners to have their handcuffs taken off. Nice.

Hey remember that teenager I mentioned who went missing? They found her body a few days ago. The poor family. No idea yet of who did it.

Mom doing well, sis is not. Working too hard and for a very ungrateful organization. The same place that she is now kept me working 95 hour weeks, and after I burned out (took 4 years tho) they just tossed me aside and brought in someone else (i.e. the problem was me, not the demands put on me). Sis is going to wind up in the same boat. Very hard to watch. Most people that I know have burned out once, guess it's part of the process. Wish it wasn't.

No one's sent jokes for a few days. That means that I'm gonna get a flood of them soon. Will put them up as soon as they come.

In the meantime, hugs world. Stay safe....Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 9/21/2005 11:02:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Poor sis. My current job has a $10 massage benefit. I took advantage of it yesterday. That was so nice.

    Working hard is one thing. Working hard and not being appreciated is another. I hope she finds another job.

     
  • At 9/21/2005 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    I do too, Zomb. Bad enough that one of us in the family had to do that, but no reason at all for 2!

    YOu get a massage benefit?? Wow that must be wonderful.

    You're very right--knowing that you're slaving away for a good purpose is fine for a limited time...but knowing you're doing it for someone who sees you as some replaceable cog...hell.

    I"ve been sending her job posters. Subtle, huh?

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home