Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Thriller

Hi world, how goes it!?

No it wasn't thrilling the last few days, sorry about being MIA. My mom got me hooked on the TV series 24. Had never seen it before and got so hung up on it actually watched it for four hours straight yesterday.

Talk about zombies!

Had a PET scan today. That is hospital code for 'drive them nuts with pain'. If anyone prescribes it for you, run like hell. Basically you lie in a very small tube up to your armpits with your arms out at 90 degree angles for about half an hour. It will be the longest 30 minutes of your life. After 10 minutes, you are injected with something that makes your blood vessels dilate by 2-4 times. The pain from the rushing blood is exquisite, and you are not allowed to move. Plus you'll have a blood pressure cuff on one arm that'll cut off what little circulation you do have. After a few minutes you get the antidote, then have to stay for another 10 minutes. So even if the loss of circulation doesn't drive you over the edge, the boredom will.

My new not so with it boss didn't bother giving permission for me to be absent from work, and knowing what a male organ HIS boss (Mr. B) is, I decided to play it safe and get a medical certificate from my torturers. They said if Mr. B gives me a hard time to send him in for a PET scan. With pleasure, let me tell you.

The exercises that the physiotherapist gave me have eliminated the swelling in my ankles AND the pain. Sometimes severe stiffness sets in, but that's a small price to pay (actually had it before, it's a remnant of the former pain). Feel ashamed that I don't want to go to physio tomorrow but I will.

Have been getting the house in order, doing things I've never done before, little at a time. Like shampooing the rug. Well, not exactly doing it for the right reasons. Was eating a piece of pizza which wound up topping side down on the wall-to-wall so I HAD to fix it. Getting the ducts cleaned next weekend, bringing in the hoses etc. for the year, got all the laundry done for once (dried too!), all the exciting things.

Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is very happy. Hangs out with me most of the time.

Allergies driving me nuts, so is new boss. Well, he is driving everyone nuts. Changing words and punctuation in reports, that kind of thing ("I'm the boss" stuff, not substance). It's only temporary, Bridg.

Am trying like hell to forget the crap that I got from that (one) psychic. Streetwalker my butt.

As DP would say, exactly!

Mom doing well too. Still can't find out about this blood in the stomach stuff but will find out tomorrow. Mom has another appointment tomorrow, and I have his office phone number. Will check it out.

Mom's schedule is busier than mine (which is how she likes it!) now that summer's over. Sis is being worked to death (60 hour weeks) by the same place that burned me out with 95 hour weeks.

No word from the maybe new job folks, but then I didn't expect one. THey said mid to late Sept., and both my tried and true psychics saw that also. Not that they're the final word, but it's reassuring.

Plus I had that stinking gold aura (change) again, that guarantees not staying put.

Sorry didn't have any jokes to post, will get some for later.

Night world, hope that you are dry, safe and rested....Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 9/06/2005 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Justice said…

    That test sounds way too intense for me...I think I'll pass on it. *S*

     
  • At 9/06/2005 10:45:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    PET scan? Never had one of those, but the way you describe it, it must suck. I can't lie still anywhere for a half hour, much less in an uncomfortable position like that.

    As for 24, I keep hearing about that show and I've yet to see it. My buddy has the DVDs of all the seasons they made DVDs of to date and keeps forgetting to bring them to work.

     
  • At 9/07/2005 05:20:00 AM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Well Bridg I spilled a glass of grape juice on my carpet the other day and ran to clean it up sooooo fast! I guess I moved fast enough because I actually got it all out!..maybe it was the hyrodgen peroxide I added to the water and soap? Street psychics? well no worries forget about that,you know whats right for you. By the way I finally got up the courage to post some of my drawings of Artwork tonite on my blog..maybe you might check them out sometime soon? Tell me what you think? I was a bit nervous about doing this but I did do it!...ooooohhh..:~~

    Blessings,
    Rhi

     
  • At 9/07/2005 09:37:00 AM, Blogger Storm said…

    PET scans are horrible. Never had one...I've just participated in the torture as a RN.

     
  • At 9/07/2005 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    PET scans suck. You are quite a trooper.

    And when you said "wall-to-wall", you meant carpet, right? I don't think I've actually heard anyone call it "wall-to-wall" before...

    Glad to hear Mom is doing good :)

    Take it easy.

     
  • At 9/07/2005 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Justice, it is very intense and definitely good thing to pass on. Might want to consider it as a form of hmmm penetence?

    Zomb, yes it sucketh mightily. The stuff they stick into your arms makes it much worse. I had heard a lot about 24, but if I hadn't happened to drop into my Mom's place while she was watching it, would not have known much about it...

    it's addictive!

    Rhi that was quick thinking about the peroxide. Bet that's what did it, peroxide is a bleach. Will definitely check out the artwork.

    Storm, so you know how these look on the caregiver side? WEll, these guys had taped pics of kitties (kittens) right over the 'sled' part. On their backs, all splayed out. One had under it: I'm fine. Really.

    Good sense of humor there...

    Mel have you had one of these? Man there is NOOOOOOOOO way I'd ever get another one. They'd have to give me drugs first. Like those good ones the dentists have...Yes I meant 'carpet' when I said 'wall to wall'. THink I just invented a phrase?

    Yes Mom doing much better, but ya gotta watch these ladies. They tend to pull one over on you once in a while...

    Hugs to all, bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home