Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, September 16, 2005

There Is Love(The Wedding Song)
Paul Stookey
courtesy of http://www.countrygoldusa.com/there_is_love.asp

This isn't a country song, it's a folk song. Can't get it out of my head so thought I'd post it here:

He is now to be among you
at the calling of your hearts.
Rest assured this troubador
is acting on his part.
The union of your spirits here
has caused him to remain,
For whenever two or more of you
are gathered in his name,
There is love.
there is love.
Oh, a man shall leave his mother,
and a woman leave her home.
They will travel on to where
the two will be as one.
As it was in the beginning, is now until the end,
Woman draws a life from man
And gives it back again
and there is love.
Oh, there's love.
Well then what's to be the reason
for becoming man and wife?
Is it love that brings you here
or love that brings you life?
For is loving is the answer
then who's tit given for?
Do you believe in something
that you've never seen before?
Oh, there's love.
there is love.
He is now to be among you
at the calling of your hearts.
Rest assured this troubador
is acting on his part.
The union of your spirits here
has caused him to remain
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in his name
There is love.
oh, there is love.

I think that Zombieslayer's post got met thinking along these lines.

Hoping it's possible, thinking it is, to be loving without being in a love relationship.

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 9/17/2005 03:52:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    There's a lot of love out there that's not romantic love. When I was single, I felt a lot of love, just not romantic love.

    I think the one thing scary about being married though is most of your love is invested in one person.

     
  • At 9/17/2005 06:34:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Zomb, that's what I'm finding too, and very happy about it...Bridg

     
  • At 9/18/2005 02:27:00 AM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Aww I'm so glad you slept so good Bridg. Its kind of like "pulling a plug" out isn't it? This is one of my favorite songs its just so beautiful. I've felt that kind of love before for over 15 years when I was married, not sure if I will ever feel that "special kind of love" again, or maybe I will...people keep telling me they feel I will..hmmm....so like Zombie said I just kind of "spread love around" in a different way, to people who seem to need it and I reach out in that way. It seems to help me to think less of myself and more of a "whole connection" as one as people..if that makes any sense?

    "For there is love"..sigh..such a good song thanks for sharing it wiht us.

    Angel Blessings, Rhi

     
  • At 9/18/2005 09:11:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    You're living proof that it's possible!
    Did you know that he wrote that song for a wedding for an atheist couple? They didn't want God mentioned, hence all the "He's".

     
  • At 9/18/2005 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Glad you like this one, Rhi. I love it too.Zomb are you are right on (as usual!). It makes a lot of sense.

    tshsmom, Thank you!!! No I didn't know that and wondered about all the he's in it. What a fabulous present he gave them.

    ((((hugs)))) Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home