Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Strange Magic

Hola world! Hope things are well for you all?

Today was fine. First time I'd gone to work without being scared in years. No twitch, easy drive in (much shorter too).

Spent most of today reading but did get to provide comments on something, which were accepted right off the bat.

I.like.these.people.

My boss (Slady) regards me as a colleague. Truly. She is also exhausted. New Boss (her boss) apologized for bringing me in without time off but said he was truly concerned about her well being. Totally agree, she is exhausted but still firing on all cylinders.

Now, who does that remind you of?

Have found that groups of women can be either witchy or great. Thank heavens, this is great. Mentioned this to New Boss. He kind of twinkled at me and said that he has one of the other kind but that he'd let me tell him who it is.

I'm so honoured that these folks chose me. Have you ever just walked into a place and felt at home? This was like that. Everyone I met was very anxious to help, checked up on how I was doing, and they're all on the same wavelength.

MAN it was NICE!!

Actually, better than nice. It was/is healthy, and great.

And no Mr. B.

The best of all was the New Boss' admin assistant, who let me use her account to access the Net. She suggested things for me to do, and we chatted. Went to lunch with her and SLady. They are just great people. I can't get over it. There is a ton of stuff to do too.

It was a long day but didn't mind that at all (needed to wait for SLady to get back from course to chat). The room I"m in has walls, no air and looks suspiciously like it used to be a closet. But it's an enclosed office, and I'll be moving in a week or so.

Free parking. YEA there is $120 extra per month!

So world, have landed safely. People are very nice, definitely a lot to do. And there's a barbecue tomorrow at lunch.

There is something VERY humorous about this but I'll save that for later.

Thank you all for keeping me sane, this was worth it.

Love to all, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 9/19/2005 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Island Queen said…

    Congratulations!! I hope when I go back to the working world I'll find a great place to work too. My last job treated employees terribly. Made me sour all the way around on work.

     
  • At 9/19/2005 09:54:00 PM, Blogger MorningRose said…

    mmmmmmm...yum:p a BBQ sounds nice right now....lol your makin me hungry! better go eat! laterz:P

     
  • At 9/19/2005 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Island queen thank you so much! I wish you all the very best when you go back to work.

    Know EXACTLY what you mean about poor treatment. Ick. But at least the last place of mine was so bad that I jumped ship. YAY!

    Morningrose, now I"m hungry too lol. Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is also making her comments known....better go here too lol.

     
  • At 9/19/2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    That's graet news! I'm glad it's working out for you.

    From how you described your last job, I was really hoping you'd find something better. Glad you found something not just better, but way better.

    Hope you make a lot of good friends there.

     
  • At 9/20/2005 04:24:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Glad to hear all went so wonderfully well! You cannot beat free parking to boot. Go you!

     
  • At 9/20/2005 07:13:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    YeeeeHawwww!!!!!

     
  • At 9/21/2005 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks ZS! Sure feels better...and the folks are very nurturing type nice.

    THanks WC, yah that's an unexpected treat!

    tshsmom, thank YOU too for being there!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home