Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Still The One

heh heh world, someone's car or house alarm is going off on the street behind me. Man does it sound cheesy. If I was a burglar I'd be rolling on the ground laughing. It's been going on for minutes...

Hey hope your day was good?

It sure looked like November here. Big billowy grey clouds, cool (YAY!). Lucked out in finding a parking spot too. Work went quickly and not too badly. Felt a little weird not having my boss there (the one I'm acting for) or her boss (New Boss) but hey the day went fast and things got done. These are truly gentle and wonderful folks.

I keep running into people who met me when I was an executive in another org. We all bailed for the same reason (hated it). It's fun to compare notes though ("how long did YOU stick it out there?"). Arthritis was murder due to the rain (constant for last 2 days) but if that's the worst thing I ever have to say, we''ll be in FINE shape.

Didn't hear from the old gang. Did I mention that Issy found a job? A big promotion too, and she gave them two weeks notice. This is excellent news. The contractor/retired from our group guy she'd been working with was running in to Mr. B ever five seconds to complain about her. He is from an ethnic group, and is of a mindset, that definitely has it in for women. Issy's young, pretty, smart and that kind of person really irritates this guy. So it's very good for her to be bailing.

I worry about Pauly and S. Pauly can retire pretty soon, I am worried about his spirit. Same with S. Need to find somewhere for them to be safe, although Pauly knows all of those places better than I do! Would adore it if he was here. He'd like it too. Thank you, my pal, for sending my cv in to these folks. They are truly good folk.

It's getting late (almost midnight) and I"m sleepy. Will hit the hay.

Mom doing better (she spent today with Bro), I am doing much better (settled down after the cat schmozzle), Sis is taking tomorrow off (about bleeping time), Most Spoiled Cat In the Universe is very happy.

Hope all of you are too!

hugs, Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 9/26/2005 11:57:00 PM, Blogger dusty said…

    Changing jobs can be so stressful but you seem to be handling it very well..

    have a most excellent week:)

     
  • At 9/27/2005 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you Dusty, it sure can. Because Mr. B was making my life there (old job) so boring, ANY change was bound to be a good one.


    Am sleeping a lot tho!

    YOu have a most excellent week too, OK?

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home