Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

She Ain't Pretty She Just Looks That Way

She Ain't Pretty (Northern Pikes) courtesy of http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/n/northernpikes15522/sheaintpretty417963.html

I had two jobs, I had dishwater hands
And on the weekend in a rock & roll band
One Friday night in my hometown bar
In walked a girl who looked like a movie star
She stared at me and it was turning me on
She said she worked in a beauty salon
I heard a voice inside me say
She ain't pretty she just looks that way
We made a date to go for a drink
I wore my jeans and she wore a mink
There was this misconception all over town
That she ate lonely guys' heart by the pound
She said "Take me home, there won't be no fuss"
I said "Sure you got some change for the bus?"
Watching her leave I heard the bartender say
"She ain't pretty she just looks that way"
So, uh, I called her up, her father was home
Said "Son, she's busy--she can't come to the phone"
I held my breath, decided to wait
A guy like me doesn't get many dates
I fell in love with a model from hell
It took some time for my hormones to tell
That chasing her has been a grave mistake
She ain't pretty she just looks that way
Her ego wrote cheques incredibly fast
But her personality didn't have the cash
I laughed out loud to my total dismay
She ain't pretty she just looks that way
She ain't pretty she just looks that way
She ain't prettyShe ain't pretty
She ain't pretty
She ain't pretty she just looks that way

Isn't that a cute/funny song, world?

I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to fix my computer. Lost count of the number of crashes. Could not system restore.

Think Mr. B moved into my hard drive. Argh. Even lost all my bookmarks, and then they magically reappeared.

Whatever you do, world, do not use Netscape 6. That's when all this @#$% happened.

How are you all? Special prayers etc. going to the Big Easy. Cannot believe what is going on there. Hold on folks.

Took tomorrow off for an extra long weekend. Need to unwind. Or punch something.

New boss took 48 hours to answer a very simple question that came in to us, let's say, from an 'external' source. Joe Public type. It wasn't until I publicly gave up and put the monkey on his back (also publicly) that he even got back to me with an answer. Not happy. And then he made ME do the answering, as if I was the dummy who delayed things by 2 days. Even other uninvolved folks got back to me quickly. Except our own.
There are days when I think this place deserves its sewer-iffic place in the universe.

No word from the maybe new job folks. Feel useless and generally hopeless. Mind you, the feet and ankles are much better thanks to the physio exercises they gave me to do. Instead of once per day, did them pretty much all day. Feel a lot better too. It's kinda weird how much difference to things in general a lack of pain makes. Didn't even realize how bad it was until it stopped (sort of came back today, but not nearly as bad).

Could not get hold of uncle (doctor). Frustrated. I want to know what my mother's doctor had in mind when he told her that the blood that she lost actually came from her stomach. What the heck does that mean? Naturally she didn't ask the doctor, and just as (un) naturally, he didn't tell her. Tried to google that symptom. Not much info out there.

In fact, 'frustration' was pretty much the tone of the day. Nothing happening fast, or even at a reasonable pace. Sigh. Time to slow down like everyone else. Just one thing-- I have no use whatsoever for 'slow'.

Damn. Sorry for the rant, guys. It's just been one thing after another taking place at glacial pace. Guess Someone Up There is trying to teach me patience?

Well, at least I got the bookmarks back. Started trying to fix this stuff at 6:00. It is now 10:02.

Didn't throw the computer through the window. That's progress. And get to sleep in tomorrow. Also progress.

A few disgusting things re Mr. B today but I won't bore you with it. There are good discussions going on re my field of work but they're among Marc, S and me. It's weird how disconnected and frankly out of it managers are. Hope they don't make me one if/when I get out of where I am now. Think I'd rather be shot and stuffed. Oh yah that's probably a prerequisite.

Well, world, if I can get back to my mail account, will post some more jokes. Saw some cute ones in there. Will visit your blogs over the weekend, don't want to do it now (am just too ticked).

hugs, Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2005 10:17:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Bridget, when I get rich, I'm buying you a Unix box. You'll never have to worry about viruses, crashes, worms, security, etc ever again.

     
  • At 9/01/2005 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    really??? There is such a thing? Wow Zomb, thanks for the idea.

    Serious, a Unix box fixes these?

    TY!

    Bridg

     
  • At 8/11/2006 03:20:00 AM, Blogger CQNVXGJG said…

    was doing the Google search found your blogsite. Some content here is very thought provoking. Not sure i agree with all but hey this is a democratic society - on the whole!! If you get a chance check out my site error repair for pc

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home