Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Saturday Night!

Not just the Bay City Rollers' song, but the series (SNL). Some TV station was playing material from SNL's first five years. MAN that show was good!!

How are you world?

Didn't set foot outside the door today except to get the newspaper. Spent the usual morning with The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe reading the paper and lazing over coffee. I have to take back some of what I said about not appreciating the variety of channels in digital cable. While it is abysmal, there are one or two channels, such as the Women's Channel, that make the rest of the nonsense worthwhile. Spent a whole lotta time on that one today. Have you ever had one of those days where good movie after good movie came on? This was one of those days.

Also bright, sunny and crisp but....nah. Stayed in.

Until the duct cleaners showed up. They were right on time, set about their work (this place has never been done, I am positive of it). They did the furnace, installed the electrostatic air filter, cleaned and santized everything, and left. After I paid them...but they forgot the money! I ran out to them with it (yah, am one of those....). It is a lot fresher in here and the a/c isn't on nearly as long as it used to be. Very cool.

So tomorrow is the day for doing everything (groceries, cooking, buying a few clothes) including dinner and movie with Mom (no it isn't a date...). Love lazy days. Need them desperately. Also got one of the phones to actually give the correct day and almost correct time. Since I can't read the tiny print on the phone or its stand, this is a more significant accomplishment than it may sound!

Next, the flippin draw drapes.

Anyway world, am beginning to calm down about actually leaving. Cannot believe that this is actually gonna take place. Hard to trust it, you know? But there it is.

Normal life. Working with a boss who backs me up and doesn't hate me. Sheesh. Last time I had that was with M, and the gloom of Mr. B hung over all of us. It'll be nice to get out of that.

Wonder if he will ever realize that he's creating his own problems? Oh well, not really my concern is it.

Hugs world....Bridg

p.s. hope you like the pics!

4 Comments:

  • At 9/11/2005 10:04:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I wish we had duct cleaners in our area! We clean what we can reach, but I shudder to think how much dust and dog hair lies where we can't reach it. Ugh!
    We got our drapes fixed, but it will take 2 of you. Have your Mom or Sis over to help. Slide both sides so they're fully open. Then each of you hold the top so they can't move, while you pull on the cord to even out the rope.

     
  • At 9/11/2005 11:43:00 AM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Loved the photos. Can you send some of your motivation down to KC? It took me an hour to convince myself that, yes, the yard does need to be mowed.

     
  • At 9/11/2005 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks a million, tshsmom!! At least now I have an idea of what to do!

    Don't want to know what they got out of those ducts. They'd never been done and the house was built in 1986 (I'm the second owner).

    Must feel great to have those drapes right, huh?

    DMJ, thanks re the photos. I'm really motivated when it comes to getting (paying) someone ELSE to do the work lol. My back yard (it's a huge garden) is way outa control...and the front yard? It's crunchy...Bridg

     
  • At 9/11/2005 04:57:00 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Sounds like though kicking back your still working too hard Bridg. I'm learning to kick back more because I must or else! Its hard to learn how when so much to do and then just make yourself stop in between even if all falls apart! I just watch nature and that helps me a lot. Fixing the phone time and day?...hard to read?..total "Ditto"!Me too!..lol! When I moved in here about 2 months ago I changed the air filter for system. The ceilings are very high here and so used ladder found in back and still hard to just barely reach! When I unscrewed the cover and removed old filter it was totally black and dust flew all over my face and everywhere else! I went and put on my mask I use when changing the kitty litter..distgusting black filty dust! Filter probably not been changed by any renter or the landlord in eons! So how and who cleans the inside of the ducts? What kind of people? Handyman? I got to work on that one too..and to clean the rain gutters out,(if I don't move by then!)their packed from last year whoever lived here then. Are you and I leading similiar lives or what?..its geting downright eerie at this point Bridg!..:o)

    Time to go groom my long haired black cat now...then vacum..lol
    Rhi

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home