Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Samba Pa Ti

Well gang, how are you?

The week is over yahoo! Survived 5 entire days of getting to work on time. Nice people everywhere.

Did I mention that my boss is gone for a month? And that I"m acting for her? No I did not make her sick.

Feels very odd, I haven't had staff in at least a decade. Wasn't nuts about it at the time, but times and the people sure are different--much nicer. Would feel much better if it was M here acting and I reported to him, but they can only afford one of us and wanted me because of my background. That doesn't mean that M won't wind up here. He'd be WAY too good a match to this place. That tells me that he HAS to come here.

Only ate lunch in one day this week (today). Every other day we went out.

And had beer with M after work. He is just as sweet, smart and gorgeous as ever. Sigh. I seem to be adapting to it well though. And Issy, one of the bright lights in the Old Job, found herself a new job! Quite a promotion too. And she's leaving in two weeks. Gotta get M settled too. He is just too good for what he's doing now (ahem not that I"m at all prejuidiced).

Tried to talk to Pauly but the receptionists who answer our phones don't seem to understand that I do work there. Oh well. He sounded down about Issy leaving and I can't say that I blame him, but there is still Scott, him and Marc (the three mustketeers). I like the people I'm with but miss the guys too.

The pace of work here is different. More 'real'. They've dealt with issues we had at the Old Job quite well. It helps that the staff are very much empowered, management supportive and there are no evil trolls lurking about masquerading as managers. So we actually get to do our work. Wow what a concept.

Sorry I missed a post last night and will read your blogs this weekend. Have been coming home and falling asleep every night this week. All this learning stuff is draining lol.

So hope you and yours are well my friends. Please keep hoping for M to land something, I'm still praying for him.

MWAH! to all, Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 9/24/2005 11:18:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    Brig ... sounds like everything is WONDERFUL at the new place!

    how exciting for you!!

    it's hard to leave behind friends at old jobs ... when you wish you could take them all with you ... but it is all happening how it's supposed to.

    will keep hoping for M that things come through for him too.

    i'm so glad that things are turning around for you!!

    (( hugs ))

    i'm sure you're sleeping so well because you are FINALLY so relaxed!!!

     
  • At 9/24/2005 02:50:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Bridget - Does M know you feel about him?

     
  • At 9/24/2005 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Raven, so far so good. They're all so nice it's surreal. THanks for the good hopes about M. He's so good/nice, it's gotta work....and yes, am sleeping soooo well, no more weird nightmares either... ((((hugs))).

    Zomb, yes he knows. He said that he loves me too. But that's as far as it ever went, soap opera-ish as that sounds. At the time I was working for him...and probably will again, which is a huge no-no. We're both very strong on integrity and principles. He isn't exactly monogamous, but with people he works with...I have the same rule about people I work with. Does this sound like Jane Austen or what? Oh well.

    The connection's very strong though, and he said that the relationship is extremely important to him. Ditto here of course. Have no idea where this is headed in the long run. He's physically attracted to modelish blondes and I'm anything but that. This is a mental-soul thing.

    Because of Mr. B, we both suffered a lot for each other. He protected me from Mr. B, who saw that as M's usurping his authority, and led to his getting rid of M.

    I supported M in every way possible, spending many hours doing support work for M. That also got Mr. B angry (that loyalty should have belonged to Mr. B).

    Have puzzled over the 'why' of this for a long time and just gave up on it.

     
  • At 9/24/2005 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Good to hear all is well.

     
  • At 9/25/2005 01:03:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks WC, I am trying to get used to the niceness.

    It's a great change. Do miss the guys but the atmosphere is great.

    Trust that you are OK too?

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home