Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Red Rubber Ball

courtesy of http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Red-Rubber-Ball-lyrics-Simon-and-Garfunkel/E593D99AB047AB9A4825689600164C59
Writer: Paul Simon
Recorded by: The Cyrcle

I should have known you'd bid me farewell.
There's a lesson to be learned from this
and I learned it very well
Now I know you're not the only starfish in the sea
If I never hear your name again it's all the same to me.
And I think it's gonna be all right.
Yeah, the worst is over now,
The morning sun is shining like a Red Rubber Ball.
You never cared for secrets I'd confide.
For you I'm just an ornament,
Something for your pride.
Always running,
never caring,
That's the life you live.
Stolen minutes of your time
were all you had to give.
And I think it's gonna be all right.
Yeah, the worst is over now,
The morning sun is shining like a Red Rubber Ball.
The story's in the past
with nothing to recall.
I've got my life to live
and I don't need you at all
The roller coaster ride we took is
nearly at an end.
I bought my ticket with my tears,
that's all I'm gonna spend.
And I think it's gonna be all right.
Yeah, the worst is over now,
The morning sun is shining like a Red Rubber Ball.

Might have done this one already....

Hola world, coma usted?

Or however you spell it. I don't speak Spanish at all except for a few well chosen phrases like "turkey" "pig" and "shut up". Unfortunately this is the literal truth...

Well folks, the paperwork to transfer me still has not been signed, or sent over to where I work, yet. This is going down to the last second. And they do expect me on Monday.

Anybody got a coin to flip? I have to decide where to go on Monday!

Work is great. Lots of farewells, phone calls, and WTFs coming in, visitors and all that which is nice. I do work with lovely folks (with one exception). There are 26 people who's accepted the lunch invitation, four of them ex bosses. Cool. Didn't do a heck of a lot today except send things to Old New Boss. And to Marc, because HE doesn't lose things!

Well if that's the worst thing Old New Boss does, my former colleagues will be very happy. He is a nice man, and I wish him and them all the best in the world.

Marc, I and another of 'da guys' who'd retired went to lunch today and retired guy picked up the check. Marc and I acted like 10 year olds, situation normal, and called Pauly at home and left stupid messages, also situation normal. It was a riot. Don't think that there is a lot of time for that stuff at the new place. Hope so. Can't be me without silliness.

The cafeteria ladies are unhappy about my going. I'll miss them too.

Or maybe not, if the paperwork fails. Sheesh.

Hope to post some jokes...gotta keep the Mountain Dew flowing through Niccio's nose...tee hee hee! Welcome back Raven, missed you!

Mel, Rhi, WC, DMJ et al, love you guys too.

Bridg

p.s. changed my marquee computer screen to read : Sept. 16 is my last day at ---. Have a nice life.

That should make SOMEONE laugh!

3 Comments:

  • At 9/15/2005 11:18:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Donde esta el cuarto de bano (with one of those enya thingies over the n in bano).

    That's probably the most important thing to learn when leaving the touristy parts of Mexico. Where's the bathroom? If you choose to go off the beaten path and eat non-tourist food, you'll be asking that a lot. ;)

     
  • At 9/16/2005 08:03:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    How are you doing? "Como esta?". The usted isn't necessary. My name is? "Me llamo Bridg". :)

    I hope that everything works out with the new job. Regardless if the paperwork is signed, show up to the new place on Monday morning. The paperwork will get signed, it's just all that damn red tape...

    Enjoy your last day, and your party, and your FRIDAY! Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 9/16/2005 04:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Zomb, I know exactly what you mean! :))

    Mel, thank you very much for the info...totally agree re red tape. am just settling down after the party. Wow, lost track of the jugs of beer after 4.

    no not by myself lol.

    Have a great weekend too!!

    Hugs, Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home