Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Prayer For The Lonely

Not that I am world, and hope you aren't either!

Today was hot. 33 degrees C without the humidity added in. That kind of weather is murder on arthritic feet, and I really do not like sounding like a 70 year old. Actually make that 80 year old, my 77 year old Mom doesn't bitch like I do!

It's supposed to rain tonight. Man I hope it does.

No word from new job folks, except when I called them this a.m. Maybe new boss said that he'd asked SS to handle the staffing. She has been going like a bat out of hades on my behalf lately, so that is good news. He (MNB) was about to meet HIS new boss, who I am worried doesn't like me (because he dumped work on me in the past, yadda yadda yadda). So if there is a kibosh on the staffing, I have not heard of it yet. And in the mail (I'm in a few 'angels' groups because I like them so much), got an 'angel card of the day' that was entitled Hope. Neat huh? And my horoscope said something similar about change in the wind, change in job etc.

Oh yes and the chicken entrails said the same thing.

Hardee-har-har! Waiting without being able to do anything is probably the worst position anyone can be in. Mine is probably the most benevolent of those positions. Imagine the helpless waiting for help in New Orleans. A worried wife waiting for her wandering husband to make up HIS mind who to stay with/go to. The hopeless who wander the streets, waiting and searching for Heaven Knows What. OK I won't bitch.

But I did ruin most of my nails!!!

A teenager, walking home from her job at Wendy's near here (about 2-5 miles away)-a 15 minute walk, went missing. My new boss where I am now (NB) is part of the team looking for her. That puts him up a million fold in my humble view. No sign of her except for a back pack like hers in a field that she would have cut through on the way home.

Oh how I hope she's safe. Angels please protect and guide her, no matter where she may be. And please help her family and friends.

Went to see Exorcism of Emily Rose last night (yep took Mom too). Had read about the case when it first happened years and years ago. It wasn't like The Exorcist. The force of the suspense in the movie has more to do with the viewer's system of beliefs than anything else. So it depends on what you go in there expecting to see. Don't expect typical horror film stuff. Ain't there.

Many many years ago (high school), when I was in a creative writing course, I decided to write about paranormal stuff. Went to the library and while sifting through the very limited number of books available (ask for help? Fat chance!), found one on human self-combusion. Went through everything I could find on the subject and decided that those things seemed most prevalent where folks believed in that kind of thing to begin with. How many Innuit do you hear of suffering that? Yah right. Got the same feeling today when I was looking up demons and demonic possession.

I do believe in the devil. And evil. Haven't seen much of it, but see the effects (e.g., you don't have to meet Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, etc. to know this kind of stuff exists). Would rather focus on the good stuff (angels). Not because I'm in denial, but just because it's more interesting. You can do more with good, I think/feel/suspect. Like bring lost teenagers home.

OK off to watch Steve Segal pretend to be funny.

Just for one night, am focussing on the good, good people, good intentions, just plain good.
Evil doesn't deserve the press it gets.

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 9/12/2005 10:03:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Good attitude!!
    Evil wouldn't have a chance with you.

     
  • At 9/13/2005 01:45:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Today was hot. 33 degrees C without the humidity added in.

    Dang. I have no idea what that is in non-Metric. Wasn't there a movie made about attacking Canada because you were trying to make us change to the Metric system? I think John Candy was in it.

    OK off to watch Steve Segal pretend to be funny.

    Now, that's a horror movie.

     
  • At 9/13/2005 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Storm said…

    Okay, how hot is 33 degrees C? I'm kind of stupid when it comes to things like converting from C to F!

    I feel bad about the girl missing. That's so scary.

     
  • At 9/14/2005 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Which Wendy's? I only know the one at South Keys.

    After the whole Ardeth Wood thing, I wouldn't be walking home through a field by myself at night...was it at night??? Hope she's found but that ain't a safe city anymore, I can tell you that.

     
  • At 9/14/2005 08:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    hmmm I did post answers to you folks but they're not here?

    Tshsmom thank you so much. I think all of us here are forces of good.

    Zomb, we deserve to be attacked for the metric system. The oil guys (the poor souls going broke charging us an arm and a leg for gasoline) laughed all the way to the bank when the switch took hold.

    Storm and WC, this Jennifer T thing is truly frightening. WC, it's a Wendy's in Barrhaven. Barrhaven's really developed a lot in the last year. It's a big burg now...you're right about fields and night. The councilor for that area made a disparaging remark about gangs a year ago. She was right. Not that a gang necessarily was involved, but....they sure don't add much to the place that's good.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home