Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

No Brains Allowed

Hola world, hope you're not dealing with the same phone company that I was. WAS!!

There was/is a Feliciano song called No Dogs Allowed. Couldn't find them on the 'net but...the spirit's the same.

Local phones where I am now have an alternative to Bell (I know, the U.s. did this ages ago. Canada just takes longer to do such things). I HAD switched over but just sent an e mail requesting to move back to Bell, much as I dislike large organizations. Why? Try spending an hour on hold (no kidding, I timed it) and then wind up talking to someone in Asia who cannot understand English. Not once, but on two different occasions. And they still won't believe that I have an e mail service with them. It's my main account!!That's it for me. I don't deal with stupid people well, and certainly not when I don't have to.

My Mom's phone wasn't working today either (she switched also). It took me from 7:00 till 9:20 to get it fixed, and I mean nonstop. That is outrageous. And dangerous, given her frail condition.

The same company also operates (the only) cable service available. I took them up on a two months free for digital offer. That was a few posts ago--the guy who watched me move books? That one. Anyway, I now get over 300 channels. Offering not much more than what I had prior to digital, at $20 more a month.

These.folks.are.stupid.

Or they think I am.


On the flip side, heard from the folks who want to hire me today at work. They want me there in two weeks. Exactly. I am quite sure that Mr. B will do his best to drag this out and in general get in the way. Except for one teeny tiny consideration---if he screws this up, I'm here forever. And he hates my guts (need I say, it's quite mutual?). So it is in his best interests to get me the hell out of his hair. Despite that, he has managed to scuttle an assignment opportunity I had about a year ago. Maybe he learned from that.

He wasn't at work today, so I discussed this with new boss (NB). In exactly those terms (it's this or forget it). I left it to NB to deal with Mr. B tomorrow, I sure don't want to. The hiring is a two year assignment, which gives them the ability to bring me over at my current (unusually high, I admit it) salary. So Mr. B would likely balk because it isn't permanent. Permanent is their intention but they are broke and only have funding (so far) for one year. Potential new boss was joking that they'd sell pencils in the street to get me there. LOL. Think I really like this guy.

HIS boss (potential new boss' boss) is someone I've worked with before. Has tons of integrity and guts and guess what? He just got sent over to work where I am now (with Mr. B) as boss of, among other things, Mr. B. Took effect this afternoon. Heh heh heh there is a God and He has a terrific sense of humor AND timing!!! Now it doesn't matter whether I move or not.

Well, except that I"ve gotten myself all detached emotionally and want to move.

Ah well. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

As long as the bleeping phones work.

Went to physio again tonight, so there is no pain. This will last about another day. How sweet it is!!!Lack of pain is a marvelous thing.

Talked to M about the maybe new job. He wasn't much help. In fact, he was way off base. AND he didn't answer phone calls, just e mail.

Not.impressed.
I know he isn't that busy.

Ever gotten to a point where all you want to do is crawl into a shell and hole up there for a year or two? Yep that's exactly how I feel. The odds are that no one would notice all that much, but I"d be cut off from the aggravation all around me.

That sounds good.

Sorry if this sounds bitchy, I just can't stand dealing with stupid people, especially for two hours in a row for their mistake. And it looks like tomorrow is going to be more of the same. Sigh. I"ll make up for it by dragging the guys out to lunch. Oh damn I can't, we're in a 'retreat' tomorrow. Oh well.
There will be pizza there too!

Hope your phone are working, world?
Hang in there, New Orleans!!

Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 9/07/2005 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Justice said…

    I hate calling a customer service line and getting a person who can barely speak English. Do they think I will get frustrated and give up if I can't understand what the person is telling me?

     
  • At 9/07/2005 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Not if you're the guy I think you are!!!

    If it was french--since we do have 2 official languages just to make it interesting here--it'd be understandable.

    But no, this person is completely different language, and not enough proficiciency.

    As of today, I'm not dealing with those companies anymore...

     
  • At 9/07/2005 11:22:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    I love this title ... let's make tshirts!

     
  • At 9/08/2005 08:30:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Arrgh!!! I hate utility companies. When we were on our honeymoon, our cable TV receiver went wacko and charged aver $600 in pay-per-view charges. The company wouldn't not believe that we were out of the country, and they wouldn't take copies of our plane tickets. Long story short, it's been almost a year, and we are still fighting the charges.

    Sorry to hear about the phone service. You should cancel your land-line and exclusively use a cellular. Does Mom have a cell incase the land-line isn't working?

    Jobs sucks. I know how you feel about crawling in a shell for a couple of years. Can I join you? We can bring our kitties and they can all be friends! :)

    Take it easy!

     
  • At 9/08/2005 09:48:00 AM, Blogger Storm said…

    It's so frustrating when you have to deal with someone who barely speaks English. Hello! We're in the US people.

    Good luck on securing your new position. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

     
  • At 9/08/2005 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Niccio Dartsmouth said…

    I love it when i get someone with a fraction of english skills on the phone. i love to make up words and switch to spanish(i know a bit) and drive them crazy, and when finally they say "I am sorry sir but i cannot understand you" i return it with "ahhh so now you know how I feel. please get someone who understands english now." and watch them hang up on me :)

     
  • At 9/08/2005 08:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Undies you are sooo on! I'd like to make presents of these T shirts but I guess it's a bit too obvious who would get them and why. Then I'd get fired and oh well....

    Mel $600 is quite the sum holy cow who were they showing in those movies???? LOL Hang in there! Yes both Mom and I have cells. I use mine all the time. Mom doesn't even know where hers is half the time, and it isn't charged the other half no matter how much I nag. Think she does it just to bug me. Yes you and the kitties are definitely welcome and yeppir they'd be buds!

    Thanks for the reassurance Storm! Can't believe that you guys have the same nonsense that we do and sorry that you do. You'd think that an economic superpower would rate some language consideration...

    Niccio has hit on a brilliant way to get these guys--Thank you Nic!!! Think I just might do this....heh heh heh (evil Bridg-ie)

     
  • At 9/08/2005 11:32:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Oh no. They outsource customer service in Canada too? Urgh! My condolences.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home