Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Movin' On Over

Yea George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers!!!

Holy hump day, how are you WORLD?

Not sure myself but it feels good.

They want me to start working on Monday. THIS Monday. I left it to them, but did mention that I had planned on taking it off. Their picnic is next week (good time to meet the folks), yadda yadda. Right now, my boss who is supposed to be working part time is eating lunch at 3:00 (sounds like this is normal there) and instead of leaving at 3:30, leaves at 5:30. They are very thin-spread. So since they've gone through all these hoops, I think I can be gracious and go there early.

But we'll see. Security might not let them.

Nothing is signed yet, but Brand New Boss (the guy) and BNB 2 (woman) talked to Mr. B. There is a meeting of minds, an agreement is being typed. The party is Friday (in 2 days). I wanted a small low key thing, no speeches, no anything.

They have 26 folks who have accepted. I only named my close buds. I mean folks I'd feel good hugging, not that I plan on hugging a lot. That's a cool figure indeed. New boss old job and Marc asked me what I wanted for a present.

Present? Are you kidding me?

No they assured me, a present is in order.

I think they're just going to give me cash, which is sort of like paying me to leave. ROFLMAO.

I asked New Boss Old Job ---please no speeches.

Have the feeling that that ain't gonna happen. On the other hand, it'll be hard for Mr. B to get bitchy with that many folks around.

M is coming and said he'd go for the man's throat if he does anything.

It's almost guaranteed.

Shit aren't these things supposed to be fun? Well, beer will be had. And after lunch, M and I are going out for more beer.

This might turn out OK after all lol.

Have been sending e -mail addys, cool wallpaper and examples of my work to my home PC. It's taken me 3 days. Stuff kind of accumulates after.......13 years in this job, 3 in a job somewhere else in the same org. Wow. Definitely time to change.

Already have 4+ portfolios and staff in the new place although perhaps not an office (well they didn't get much notice--but then it was their idea anyway). One of them would be to design and deliver a training course. COOL, huh? I am thrilled.

Definitely am consuming alcohol on Friday.

Got some dandy jokes today. Will post them for you. The best, the VERY best, was given to me by Pauly. OH and it's a dandy. Entitled "Da Blues". He'll kill me for posting it, but it's so damn good I have to.

Hugs world, I love you all.

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 9/15/2005 01:52:00 AM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Well things sound like their moving along Bridg. Thats great to hear! Funny your "friends" name being "marc", not "mark" with a "k" as in Mark Darcy?..naaawww..too bad "Mr.B's name isn't "Mr.C" i.e. "Daniel Cleavor"..cause then you could tell him you would rather wipe Sadams...well we won't go there right now!...LMAO..sorry okay its just so ironic your life really is very similiar to the real "Bridget Jones" a lot! Now I begin to understand you better. I can relate to Bridget J. a lot myself but mostly in the "mens" dept..her experiences and "being just as she is"..but we mustn't slide down fire polls with short skirts with someone taking pics of us from below!..

    By the way they came and took the "for sale" sign away from the house I just recently moved into, I talked to the real estate lady (landlords girlfriend) and she broke up with him and said "its off the market"..she felt so bad for me knowing how hard I have worked..she may help me find another place down the road if need be she says..yeah!.I want roots!.but so at least for now I can feel more peaceful and less stressed "for now" no more living in limbo with people peeking into my windows! Thank God what a relief!

    Blessings, good luck for next week and "new beginnings"!

    Rhi

     
  • At 9/15/2005 10:20:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey you!!!

    so i'm trying to catch up .. and you have a new job? it's hard to read backwards especially when you dont know where to start but i am so happy for you brig!!

    what a relief...huh? no more anxiety about going to work .... nice.

    you certainly deserve this .... i knew it was just a matter of time ... but thank goodness it's now, huh!?!

    ((( hugs )))

    missed you!!!!!

     
  • At 9/15/2005 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    So happy for you! Looks like things are really working out.

    And drinks on Friday sound awesome! You are going to have a great time.

    13 years is a long time to be with one company. It's definitely time to move on. Rock on, girl!

     
  • At 9/15/2005 04:48:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Thank heaven the job came through BEFORE the party. That could have been sooo embarrassing!

    Have one for me on Friday. Enjoy, you deserve it!

     
  • At 9/15/2005 06:42:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    LOL Thank you ALL, you're my sanity!

    As of today am still waiting for things to be signed. New boss wants me there on Monday :( but heck, anytime away from Mr. B is like a month in the sunshine!

    Yeppir party's tomorrow. Suuuure hope the paperwork comes through...otherwise you are right tshsmom, it sure could get embarrassing!

    Raven, yes in a nutshell I did find another job. They're borrowing me for 2 years and staffing me permanently at the same time. It's a great job. Very small and overworked group that uses all my past and current background, even involves some teaching/coaching which I really like.

    Thanks so much Rhi and Mel --all of you--!!! Glad for you Rhi about the building and Raven, glad VERY VERY glad you're back!!

    Whew what a week....Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home