Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Here You Come Again

Written and recorded by D. Parton
Courtesy of: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/dolly-parton/41933.html

Here you come again
Just when I’m about to make it work without you
You waltz right in the door
Just like you done before
And wrap my heart ’round your little finger
Here you come again
Just when I’m about to make it work without you
You look into my eyes
And light those dreamy eyes
And pretty soon I’m wonderin’
How I came to doubt you
All you gotta do
Is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you
And in a little while
You’re messin’ up my mind
An’ fillin’ up my senses
Here you come again
Lookin’ better than a body
Has a right to
An’ shakin’ me up so
That all I really know
Is here you come again
An’ here I go
All you gotta do
Is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you
And in a little while
You’re messin’ up my mind
An’ fillin’ up my senses
Here you come again
Lookin’ better than a body
Has a right to
An’ shakin’ me up so
That all I really know
Is here you come again
An’ here I go
Fade:Here I go
An’ here I go
An’ here I go
Here you come again
An’ here I go
Here I go
An’ here I go


HEY World, the time has come today (speaking of the Chambers Brothers...)!!!!!

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty!!! Free at last!!

Old New Boss came out with that one (ML King quote) at lunch, and it was fantastic.

Idiot Mr. B. made me sign all kinds of forms--the kind they make you fill out if you quit/leave where you are. Officially that hasn't happened yet, but he insisted. Took me less than half an hour. Little turd. It is nice though, that I don't ever have to go back there again unless I want to (and that place ain't gonna freeze over). Once Mr. Turd leaves, it'll be a different story. Rumor has it that this will be soon. Not soon enough for my liking but hey....every penny that guy gets in salary is one he didn't earn, let me tell ya. But people like that create their own hells, and they stay in them forever. That's because, for those who are kind, the kindness multiplies and spreads across life/the universe/reality. The same principle applies to meanness.

Thank heavens he didn't go to my lunch. There were 30 people there--one of the largest lunches I"ve seen in my group's history. Almost all of them stopped to say 'bye' and hi personally. It was truly touching. M was there, like the song says "looking better than a body has a right to" and being his usual classy self. Marc told me before the lunch that M made a substantial contribution to the present, and then turned around and got one that he presented to me on behalf of the group (I know that he did it himself)--a soapstone carving of a narwale, complete with ivory tusk, signed and dated. HOLY ____!!!!!

When he left, I was on sick leave. No one arranged anything for him (I usually do that, and Mr. B having no class of his own, did nothing). So when he moves into his new job, I am going to do something. What, I don't know but I will do something. What an utterly classy guy. He made a little speech about my being warm and caring. Wow. I am truly and utterly overwhelmed.

And very very glad to be out of there, let me tell you.

Besides M, two other old bosses came to the lunch. They were both terrific, and I was happy to see them. And this was a small group, yikes.

And off to the new job on Monday. Sorry not to have a rest first, but am glad that they want me there so much. Am sure that M will find something worthy of him, and soon. The sooner we get to work together again, the better as far as I'm concerned. But for now just want/hope for him to be safe and settled. If anyone deserves it, he does.

It's raining softly out there now, world. Cooling things off, helping things grow, leading up to nighttime, so that all can rest.

I'm going to veg out now and recuperate (emotionally). Have been on overload these past few days.

Hope your evening and weekend sings!

Bridg

12 Comments:

  • At 9/16/2005 06:49:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Did all the paperwork go through?

     
  • At 9/16/2005 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Onwards and upwards!

    Good luck Monday.

     
  • At 9/16/2005 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks very much, WC. Hope you are ok?

    tshsmom, it did from their side and got delivered to Mr. B. He had his admin ass't call me and try to get me to come back to the building (I no longer have a pass thanks to him, so I"d have to ask him to let me in? This after a 3 hour lunch? No thanks.).

    I asked her to get him to sign, and send it to the new place and I'd sign it there.

    Hopefully that's the end of it, but with folks like this, something small always crops up now and again.

    If he doesn't sign and send it, I'll just go back to work with him. He definitely doesn't want to go there....lol

    Bridg

     
  • At 9/16/2005 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Hey its sound pretty darn official to me...so far! Nothing like living in limbo like that is there Bridg? Its very stressful and emotional so now most of it is at its final closing point, you can just have a nice rest this weekend,(as much as you can at least)take some good deep breaths, feeling of relief and "free at last God almighty free at last"! I love that quote from ML. Have some calm for a bit until Monday hits. Wow, I hope it all works out and your happy with the new job and people,etc. No place is perfect but I'm sure the comparison will be the like "Angels singing" compared to the "old place"!..am very happy for you and very proud of you too!

    You go girl! Go with Angel whispering wings all around you,

    Rhi

     
  • At 9/16/2005 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9/16/2005 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    oops!..sorry it doubled my comment! hit a wrong button I guess!..:o((..sorry about that!
    Rhi

     
  • At 9/16/2005 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Rhi...that noise heard all over the world at 3:00 eastern time was me exhaling for the first time in a year!!

    Blessings, Bridg

     
  • At 9/17/2005 11:42:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    congatulations!!

    congratulations!!

    congratulation!!

    yayayayayayaya

    whooohoooo whooo whoooo!!!!

     
  • At 9/17/2005 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Raven you expressed it perfectly!!!
    Can't wait to start blogging about GOOD stuff!!

     
  • At 9/17/2005 03:55:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Wishing you luck.

    By the way, love Dolly. That song about the many colored dress really hit me. I forgot the name of it though.

    Very cool you had that many people at your lunch. I guess you'll be missed there.

     
  • At 9/17/2005 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks ZS. I think/hope so too. Four of them were bosses, which is cool. The others were mostly folks I work with now but a lot that I'd worked with in the past, including one guy who NEVER goes out to lunch at all. He'd eaten at his desk but joined us anyway.

    I love those guys.

    Bridg

     
  • At 9/17/2005 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home