Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Have a Nice Day

Geez that's gotta be the first time I've used a current song title except for the U2 one. HOW ARE YOU WORLD???

Bridg is winning, she thinks.

Got agreement from Mr. B, in front of a witness no less, that I can leave as of Sept. 26 to the new job. They are putting their commitment to staff me in writing, and they are taking their time to protect me and my salary. I had a meeting with Mr. B and NB today in the afternoon. I am sure it was scheduled to make me sweat, he was hanging around all day and so was NB. Be that as it may, NB counseled me that Mr. B wanted a commitment re staffing, and gave me some ideas of wording to use. I did it, and the place I'm going to was so nice, so considerate and kind, I almost cried (inside. Outside I am so tough...). So during the afternoon meeting, I mentioned that it was after consultation with Mr. X (Mr. B's new boss, and former boss of my yet-to-be boss) that it was decided to protect my salary.

All my years' experience with this lad (Mr. B) indicated that Mr. B would insist/count on me taking a demotion. Thank God for the kindness and professionalism of the new people. And there was no way he could argue, with Mr. X's backing of the whole thing.

We'll see if Mr. B actually signs the thing. I'll be very surprised if that happens, but hey stranger things have happened.

So I left work to get my hair done (I hate looking like a brown and white zebra), was finished at 6:00 and here I am. It's just sinking in slowly. Will give 2 weeks' notice, am taking one week of that off. New job's new boss wants to get the paperwork done on Monday. OK with me!

So by the time Pauly gets back from holidays, I'll be gone. S will still be on vacation out west. Oh well. As long as it happens.

Thank you all so much for your support. I could not have done it without you.

Not that it's over yet (LOL). It ain't over till it's over.....hugs to all, Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 9/09/2005 09:04:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    MAN, what a rollercoaster!
    All that office politics stuff would drive me INSANE! Wait a minute, I AM insane. I wonder what drove me over the edge?

     
  • At 9/09/2005 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    lol Tshsmom, I"m sure you work in the same insane asylum that I do lol....

    The rollercoaster ride is still going on--Mr. B hasn't actually had to sign anything yet (sigh)....Bridg

     
  • At 9/09/2005 11:09:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Best of luck to you. I hope it works out.

     
  • At 9/10/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Congratulations Bridg way to go! Am happy for you! Things sound like they are moving along, but like you said getting it signed sealed and "official" will make you breathe a bit easier I am sure! Your words, "Crying on the inside, but not on the outside..tough on the outside">>understands exactly what you mean by that! We got to be! Sad but true...but sometimes its okay to be vulnerable..sometimes like on here..

    I hope things go very well for your future..

    If you read my blog you will see why I haven't put any blogs I like on my links..because I don't know how!..lol..but I tried. So I will be putting the blog names and addys in my post soon and writing why I like their blogs,etc..

    Hey break out the champaigne! Well maybe after "Mr.B" signs and makes it official!..;o)

    Shine on Bridg,
    Rhi

     
  • At 9/11/2005 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Zomb, I do too.....hey how is your job coming along??

    Rhi, thanks also and you are so very right...champers it is as soon as Mr. B's pawprint gets on paper...you'd laugh if you saw how I act around that man. Softness he goes after with all guns blazing. It means us marshmellows have to hide somehow...Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home