Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

YMCA

YMCA (Village People) courtesy of http://www.lyrics007.com/Village%20People%20Lyrics/Y.M.C.A.%20Lyrics.html

Young man, there's no need to feel down
. I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.
Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there,
and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
You can get yourself clean,
you can have a good meal,
You can do what about you feel ...
Young man, are you listening to me?
I said, young man, what do you want to be?
I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.
But you got to know this one thing!
No man does it all by himself.
I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
And just go there, to the y.m.c.a.
I'm sure they can help you today.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
You can get yourself clean,
you can have a good meal,
You can do what about you feel ...
Young man, I was once in your shoes.
I said, I was down and out with the blues.
I felt no man cared if I were alive.
I felt the whole world was so jive ...
That's when someone came up to me,
And said, young man, take a walk up the street.
There's a place there called the y.m.c.a.
They can start you back on your way.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys
... Y-m-c-a ...
you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.
Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.
Y-m-c-a ... you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.
Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.
Y-m-c-a ...
just go to the y-m-c-a.
Young man, young man, are you listening to me?
Young man, young man, what do you wanna be?

Remember the YMCA dance? And the little bird dance? Were we out of our minds or what??

Hi world, hope it's going great for ya!

Warm day here again, sunny and breezy. Man last year all it did was rain. What a switch. Not a whole heck of a lot to report here..just the usual domestic stuff. Do any of you actually flip your matresses? I do every four weeks and am thinking of giving it up permanently. MAN it gets tough after a while, if you're doing it yourself.

Not sure whether I posted this yesterday, but I interpreted my feet/ankle/knee difficulties as my body's revolt against excess weight and lack of exercise. So last night I started in earnest on the treadmill. Was only targetting to be on it for 10 minutes, but once the MP3 player kicked in I kinda got into it. Do you know it's possible to combine dance and walking? Sure you do. Well, got the arms going, and at my worst, started singing too. Scared the cat all to hell, but she survived. So did I. And everything felt so much better after too. Yay!

Love weekend mornings at home, being able to spend just about forever sipping coffee and reading the newspaper with the Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe for company (purring like crazy, watching me). THE life! Could easily be a beach/house bum.

Hey my pal Marc(us) who is coming back to work with us? He won tickets to a Stones concert! Actually heard his call into the radio station this afternoon. MAN talk about COOL! Could not happen to a nicer guy. I'm so happy for him and his wife. Hope his good luck carries over to the rest of us.

On a different but deeply disturbing note, did anyone watch Dateline tonight? It was HORRIBLE but I'm glad I saw it. Featured a U.N. delegate to Uganda describing child soldiers. If you saw it, you know what I mean. Where the HELL are the U.N. troops and why isn't anyone doing something about this? It's been going on for over a decade. Can't get that hellish thing out of my head.

World, tonight I"m praying for all the peaceful people in/on you. For protection, for help, for succor...Bridg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home