Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Walkin in Memphis

Dedicated to Mark and his broadcaster wife. Hope they get the brain f*cked idiot who shot Mark in the head during an attempted carjacking. Glad you survived, it, brother. Hope they give him the chair.
It's just a car, idiot!!!

Walkin' in Memphis
Written by - Mark Cohn
courtesy of http://www.twin-music.com/azlyrics/l_file/lone/walk.html

Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of a pouring rain
WC Handy, won't you look down over me
Cause I've got a first class ticket
And I'm as blue as a boy can be
Chorus:
Walking in Memphis
Walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
Do I really feel the way I feel
Saw the ghost of Elvis
Down on Union Avenue
Followed him up to the gates of Graceland
And watched him walk right through
Now security, they did not see him
They just hovered around his tomb
There's a pretty little thing waiting on the King
Down in the jungle room
Chorus
They've got catfish on the table
They've got gospel in the air
And Reverend Green, be glad to see you
When you haven't got a prayer
You've got a prayer in Memphis
Now Muriel plays the piano
Every Friday at the Hollywood
And they brought me down to see her
And then asked me if I would
Do a little number
So I played with all my might
She said tell me, are you a Christian
And I said, ma'am I am tonight
Chorus
Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of a pouring rain

Submitted by - boccav
Corrections submitted by - anonymous

5 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2005 10:22:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    they did get the guy ... he was on the run from the cops ... he attempted one other car jacking which didn't happen .. so then he tried again .. a random senseless act .. they got him last night .. you know that happened here ....

     
  • At 8/09/2005 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Yes I did notice it was in Denver...any chance they can apply the Denver boot to the idiot??

     
  • At 8/09/2005 11:09:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I remember that song. I wasn't sure who Cohn was, but thanks to you, now I know.

    When I hear stories of carjackers getting shot by car owners, that just makes me feel warm inside. I hope Mr Cohn will be all right.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 08:34:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    they also arrested a girl yesterday ... so two of them .. and he's now home with his wife ~ Elizabeth Vargas ... and he will be fine.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 08:37:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Yah thanks for the update Raven I was so ticked I forgot to include it. The would be carjack idiot shot MC right in the head (I heard, but doubt, that it was point blank?) and he lived. In fact reportedly would be fine.

    Holy Crap!!

    Now wouldn't it be only fair to let Marc take a shot too??

    Bridg

    p.s. A GIRL was part of this?????? oops sexist comment, I do remember Squeaky F. Never mind...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home