Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Strut

Strut (Sheena Easton) courtesy of http://www.twin-music.com/azlyrics/e_file/songs/sheena/strut.html

He said, 'Baby, what's wrong with you
Why don't you use your imagination'
(Oh-no, oh-no)
'Nations go to war
Over women like you
It's just a form of appreciation'
'Come on over here
Lay your clothes on the chair
Now let the lace fall across your shoulder'
(Oh-no, oh-no)
'Standing in the half light
You're almost like her
So take it slow like your daddy told you'
Strut, pout, put it out
That's what you want from women
Come on baby, whatcha taking me for
Strut, pout, cut it out
All taking and no giving
Watch me baby, while I walk out the door
I said, 'Honey, I don't like this game
You make me feel like a girl for hire'
(Oh-no, oh-no)
'All this fascination with leather and lace
Is just the smoke from another fire'
He said, 'Honey, don't stop a speeding train
Before it reaches its destination'
(Oh-no, oh-no)
'Lie down here beside me
Oh, have some fun, too
Don't turn away from your true vocation'
Strut, pout, put it out
That's what you want from women
Come on baby, whatcha taking me for
Strut, pout, cut it out
All taking and no giving
Watch me baby, while I walk out the door
I won't be your baby doll, be your baby doll
I won't be your baby doll, be your baby doll
Strut, pout, put it out
That's what you want from women
Come on baby, whatcha taking me for
Strut, pout, cut it out
All taking and no giving
Watch me baby, while I walk out the door
Strut, pout, put it out
That's what you want from women
Come on baby, whatcha taking me for
Strut, pout, cut it out
All taking and no giving
Watch me baby, while I walk out the door
Strut, pout, put it out
That's what you want from women
Come on baby, whatcha taking me for
Strut, pout, cut it out
All taking and no giving
Watch me baby, while I walk out the door

Whatever happened to Sheena E?

Hi world, how are ya??

Woke up late again--1:45. YIKES after falling asleep after 3. Man hope this has a cure. It's breezy, clear and over 30 here. Like an oven with wind. So glad for a/c.

The place I hope to be working for sent me some e mails asking for contacts here (pay, HR). I am thrilled. Remember the guy who gave me a very hard time in front of a committee of executives? That guy got made head honcho at my org. Mr. B's boss. Geez not very subtle, Up There. Why not just post a billboard saying 'Bridg get the h*ll outa there!"??? Ya gotta laugh. Hope the new place comes through, it looks as if life where I am now is gonna get even nastier.

On the plusser side, had some lovely e mail exchanges with S, the sweetie! Also from D, girl friend who used to work with us and who was/is/always be a pal anyway. Sent out a gang of jokes too (clearning up the e mails). I have some of the best folks in the world around me, TYL (Thank You Lord), including Raven, tshsmom, Mel and Adrian. Can't tell you what a balm for the heart and soul you guys are.

Got a new perch for The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe. The old one she's had ever since the day I brought her and her sister home (13 years ago!). It now tilts at what looks like a 40 degree angle and I worry about her safety! So found her a new one. It weighed a ton, was a !@#$% to get out of the car trunk, but I hope she likes it. Not cheap either. The old perch is in the living room (near the new one) as a transition thing. Took Mom with me when I bought the new one just as something to do. She had a good time looking at the birds and fish in that place (PetsMart). Cheered her up--today she 'graduated' from her cardiac rehab and will be going to another place nearby a few times a week. It's hard to leave the nest, especially when you've been in the nest due to life-threatening illness. But she's ready.

Have to finish last night's cooking sometime soon. Either that, or I'll have to baptize the stuff (chicken). Also am going to movies (mostly to cheer Mom up but also to get my carcass out of the house. It takes dynamite these days).

Have a great evening, y'all!!

Hugs, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 8/05/2005 06:45:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    It was 1990 and we were recording our demo in Oakland, CA. Who walks in? None other than Sheena Easton. I was out doing something so I didn't see her but the other guys did. They said she looked better in real life than she did in the videos.

    That was 15 years ago though so I can't answer your question about where she is now.

     
  • At 8/05/2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    You. are. kidding? WOW. I bet she looked better in person and she looks great as it is....Bridg

     
  • At 8/06/2005 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    dynamite to get you out of the house, heheheh I totaly know the feeling. especialy when the weather has been so hot. hope you enjoy the movies and time spent with your mom.

     
  • At 8/06/2005 01:48:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Robyn, read and really appreciated your post. Let me know if/what I can do to help....and take care...Bridg

     
  • At 8/06/2005 02:23:00 PM, Blogger The Dark Pig said…

    Bridgit:

    Sheena Easton... you kick ass. Do you take requests?

    Play some Motor Head...

     
  • At 8/07/2005 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks DP! No one's ever asked so I guess I do. Don't know Motor Head, tho....(showing my age....prehistoric)

    Bridg

     
  • At 8/08/2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    Awww, thanks Bridg :) Love you too!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home