Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Solitary Man

Solitary Man (Neil Diamond) courtesy of http://www.angelfire.com/ca/NeilDiamond/Solitary.html

Belinda was mine 'til the time that I found her
Holdin' Jim
Lovin' him

Then Sue came along, loved me strong, that's what I thought
me and Sue,
But that died, too.

Don't know that I will, but until I can find me
A girl who'll stay and won't play games behind me
I'll be what I am
A solitary man
A solitary man
I've had it to here - being where love's a small word
A part time thing
A paper ring
I know it's been done havin' one girl who loves you
Right or wrong
Weak or strong
Don't know that I will. but until I can find me
A girl who'll stay and won't play games behind me
I'll be what I am
A solitary man
A solitary man

No I'm not gay, just love the song. The man's got soul. Not Marvin Gaye type, but soul all the same. Dontchathink?

How are ya world?

It was rainy and cool here (YAY!!!!!). Raven and Storm, hope you guys are cool literally today too?
Found out I didn't need caulking today. Turns out the leaks came from the roof. Thank heavens for the honest handyman! He repaired the light downstairs, and all it cost was roughly $80. OK I could have done it myself but I am a BIG chicken about electricity, especially in a dark basement corner. Soo happy that's over. Now have to figure out how to re-thread the drawdrapes. Have a big old loop of string hanging down now and pulling doesn't work, and poking it in doesn't either. The stupid thing is 84 inches long (big sucker). Well, maybe that can wait.

Got boots. Winter ones. Didn't intend to but saw some zip ups that come a little over the ankles, so decided to grab them while they were around. I hate normal boots so much that last year, wore duckies until they split (noticed while Mom was in the hospital. One splintered into about 6 pieces. Well, they're only for rainy season...it was pretty cold by then).

Other than shoe stuff and grocery shopping, didn't do much. Oh yah, sent out jokes as many of you now know. Wish I could think of a way to post the movie type jokes here. They are a scream. It takes me about 2 hours to send out jokes, bouncing from yahoo rogers to Google mail. Yahoo only lets you send out 1 big distribution list an hour, so I use my g mail account too, but first I play/read the jokes to make sure that they aren't lame. It takes a while. By that time my feet are so swollen, I kid you not, that there is NO WAY I'm walking anywhere. Have a wait a bit till they shrink down again. Isn't that stupid? Oh well. Live it up guys/gals, once you hit 50 things get a little nutso!

Hope you'll be proud of me, got 3 salads (ready made--if it takes work forget it) and lots of other healthy stuff today. Absolutely no bad stuff if you know what I mean. The store that I got this stuff in has at least two sparrows who have been living inside the store for over a year. They were close to where I was in the checkout. MAN it was SWEET. But the management is going to try to use music to get them to leave. Apparently they're freeloading off the produce section (big deal, man. How much can they eat, really?). I thought it was cool. The guy checking my groceries out mentioned something I'd never heard of before: 'Brown keys/notes'. Apparently that's a frequency that makes animals/folks, ummmm, poop. Have any of you ever heard of this? Sounds hokey to me.

Speaking of animals, there is a maniacal grey squirrel in this neighborhood (there's a park right behind my yard) that likes to climb screens. Makes a hell of a racket when he does his 'climb the walls' thing. This morning I was only awake for 10 minutes before the handyman showed up. Let him into the house, then hear what I think is that stupid squirrel. Sounded like he was on the sliding door into the back garden. Went to open the door to shoo him away, and almost ran into two blue jays. They were both trying to perch on the light fixture for the garden. MAN are they PRETTY. They can stay.

Also did a lot of printing out of food fibre content for my mother. This high fibre stuff is not only good for the heart, it's also good for this stuff she has (diventriculosis). Found out that half a cup of raspberries (which cost the earth) with oatmeal is 7.7 grams, and 20-30 per day is recommended. Not bad, huh? Also bought a bunch of raspberries and strawberries on the way home last night. Can't stand the sight of plain oatmeal early in the a.m. Looks too much like stuff I don't want to think about.

Am trying very hard not to think about the potential new job and M. Am really anxious to move onto something else and escape Mr. B. Can't stand the thought of seeing him ever again...and can't stand the thought of not seeing M again either. Not that I have any say about either thing. All I can do is adjust, control my thoughts etc. Heard a heck of a lot more about how loud thoughts can be this a.m. (don't ask me where, I was half asleep) but it kind of echoes almost anything I've read on the subject. Sort of like thoughts become reality sooner or later. What do you think of that? Fact, fiction or fantasy?

Watched movies with an icepack on the foot/knee with the Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe sitting near the other leg today. It is so cool, she just hangs out with me. Neat cat. Pretty too, but then I'm soooo biased.

S is going canoing with a friend of his out West. He'll probably be away when I leave (hopefully I am leaving?). It scared the living daylights out of me when he told me what he was going to do. Keep your fingers crossed that he comes back ok, OK? He's too good a person to be injured in any way.

Marc starts with us on the 29th. He's a good, funny, smart and cute guy too. It's funny, you know, all these guys--Pauly, S and Marc--are cute, funny, smart as HELL, and totally unconceited. It's amazing. Don't know what I ever did right to have the honour of working with these guys/men, but I am so eternally grateful that I did whatever it was. They are truly the best. Issy too. And needless to say, M also. It's amazing.

I know, I know, quit talking about it, I'm making you nauseous.

OK I'm off to dinner. Will check back on all your blogs by bedtime.

Hope that you and yours are very healthy and happy, world. Especially you, Tshsmom!

Hugs, Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 8/20/2005 10:27:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Blue Jays are pretty, but also extremly territorial. They will attack dogs, cats, and humans if they feel you are too close to their nest. Just be carefull is all, you don't want a blue jay dive bombing you or your kitty.

    Having a good weekend myself, and glad to hear you are too! :)

     
  • At 8/20/2005 11:03:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Well, it seems like you're doing okay. I was doing great until we got a $302 electricity bill. It appears our air conditioning unit's broken. Great, there goes another $2400. :(

     
  • At 8/21/2005 01:17:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    OMG on both counts! You're sure right about the blue jays..darn right I could do without being jaypecked at home lol. Love that new pic you're using, BS, what is it? Glad you're weekend's going good. Am sitting here right now burning CDs instead of blogging. Nerd? Me? You betcha!!

    ZS, OK for now. Went and bought shoes with my backpay. Feet are too swollen to wear the ones I've got. As a result got so ticked that I worked out for 20 minutes on treadmill. As long as the music was blasting my eardrums, felt great.

    Holy merde, a new unit??? A whole new one?? When I bought mine, I did it via the gas bill, over 2 years. Will they let you do that where you are? Sure hope so. And that is one HELL of a hydro bill, but I suspect all of us are in that boat, or will be.

    All my sympathies, that really sucks, ZS.

    Hope Zs's weekend picks up and that all of us get to party in some way hearty this weekend....Bridg

     
  • At 8/21/2005 09:44:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    ND is TO DIE FOR!! I don't care what ANYBODY says; he's NOT "easy listening"!! One of the highlights of my life was going to his Hot August Night II concert in 1987. I was hoarse for 2 days.

    Our bedroom curtain rod needs adjusting too. The left side only opens halfway. About the same size as yours. That's one of the few home repairs that totally FRUSTRATES me!! You need a degree in physics to figure the damned thing out! GRRRR!!

    We're getting baby Blue Jays at our feeder now. They're hilarious! They're all plumed out except for their heads; they're BALD. I think this is God's way of compensating for their adult beauty.

     
  • At 8/21/2005 10:25:00 AM, Blogger braindead said…

    a frequency to make animals poop? if true, it should make humans poop as well... rite? gawd.. i don't ever wanna hear one of those brown notes!

     
  • At 8/21/2005 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    you bought some boots but your poor feet are swollen....sounds like bad planning.
    I was looking through a maternity magazine and all these pregnant women had on cute boots and I just laughed because my swollen tootsies would never get shoved into shoes like that.
    hope your feet start feeling and behaving better.

     
  • At 8/21/2005 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    oh, also I Love niel Diamond!
    great song

     
  • At 8/21/2005 03:14:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom--the jays here were bald a week or two ago. Never saw that before but after read about that in a newspaper column. Cool (literally). Sorry youalso have the drawdrape blues. Darn right, you need a grad physics degree to figure those #@$% things out. Hey I have Hot August Night. MAN that must have been (sorry for the ancient expression here) a trip to have been there in person!!!

    Robyn, welcome to the ND fan club lol. I got the boots while my feet were swollen, so they'll fit. But this is really my bod telling me to get off my BWA (big white ---) and move. So I did. Spent 20 minutes on the treadmill, sort of dancing while walking. BOY I'm glad the thing is in my basement. Also sang at the same time with the Weathergirls (It's Raining Men). Must have looked like an idiot but didn't care. Scared Smokey tho...

    Braindead, I sure don't want to hear any brown note either. ESPECIALLY in public!!! Can you imagine? But then everyone would be affected the same way. Come to think of it, that'd be much worse.....ewwwwwww

    Bridg

     
  • At 8/21/2005 05:41:00 PM, Blogger Miladysa said…

    I loved the ND lyrics :)

     
  • At 8/21/2005 06:28:00 PM, Blogger Justice said…

    Nothing wrong with liking some Neil Diamond. He's really good if you ask me.

     
  • At 8/23/2005 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Welcome to the funny farm, miladysa!!

    Justice, thanks for the ND support! You don't often hear guys talking about anything but metal...not to insult guys, just an observation...

    Still love that name Justice!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home