Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Smoke On The Water

I was going to call this post Spam on the water but figured why invite trouble?

Great news!!! They did the colonoscopy and .....it was diverticulitis!! YAY!! That's the best outcome that could have been expected. Diverticuli are small sacs on the intestine wall. Sometimes they bleed (or worse, get pus filled), but once they've bled, are very unlikely to do it again. Mom also had a large polyp (2 cm) which they removed, cauterized and are putting through biopsy. 1% of them are malignant. The bad news is now all of us siblings have to get the same exam. Ewwwwwww. But anyway, the condition's begnin, and I think Mom's coming home tomorrow YAY YIPPEE Thanks so very much for your prayers, I know they did the trick. According to whatever blood counts they did (red blood cell?) Mom had lost 1/3 of her blood. One more cell and they would have given her a transfusion, but thank heavens she didn't get/need one. Why thank heavens? Canada saved money by not examining blood that had been banked when AIDS hit. I've seen figures estimating as many as 75% of the hemopheliacs in Canada were thought to have been wiped out/have AIDS. And that doesn't include the ones now suffering from hepatitus C. I don't trust the system at all, at least with my family, and I really really hope that that rumor's not true.

The doctor was darn cute but way too young. He reminded me of Chachi (however you spell that name) from Happy Days. And nice too.

Bro, Sis and I spent a fair number of hours at the hospital, Sis the most which was nice. Bro is taking Mom home tomorrow (assuming they'll let her go home then). Since this is my last week of (ho ho ho) vacation, I scheduled a lot of stuff for this week that HAD to be done. You know, the appointments that drive singles wild? Had the car in for its 29000 checkup and to get rid of a loud rattle that was driving me nuts (done today); the air conditioning folks, who up until now denied knowing that I was a client, found my policy and are coming to do the a/c tune up tomorrow afternoon, and I am getting 1" of snow white roots taken away on Friday afternoon because.....Monday is (a) Mom and Sis' birthday (family party) and (b) the day I go back to work. Also made suppers and my lunches for next week (i.e. cooked chicken for sandwiches and made main dishes for the week). Holy crap I need a cook/handyman/babysitter (for me)!!

Don't even ask about laundry or housecleaning. Both are 2 weeks overdue.

Know what? I'm gonna rest.

Thank you all so very much for the support. I hope this is over and that your lives are happy, peaceful and excitement free.

Hugs, Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 8/10/2005 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Yeah, I would rest, too, after the events you've just described!

    You always need to take time out to care for YOU! The car's not gonna take care of you, after all.

     
  • At 8/11/2005 09:30:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    SOOO glad to hear that Mom is doing better.

    Get some rest... you need it!

    Hugs to you and Mom!

     
  • At 8/11/2005 09:32:00 AM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Good grief, you deserve some rest for sure!

     
  • At 8/11/2005 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    I love all you guys! Thanks WC (howling with laughter), nope the car isn't gonna take care of me!!

    Mel you are a sweetie. TY so much...

    And bsoholic you are a darling!!

    Yep it feels like I've been through the wringer.

    That'll teach me to take time off lol!!

    love to all, Bridg

     
  • At 8/11/2005 02:04:00 PM, Blogger Reverend Dr. Will Trump said…

    i'm tired just from reading that ! take a break ! I glad everything turned out for the best ... oh and btw (sorry for the confusion) I have two names thom (this one) and thomcat_13 from the fifth...

     
  • At 8/11/2005 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey thom/thom_cat13, thanks for clearing that up!! LOL OK signing off to go read or something....Bridg

     
  • At 8/11/2005 04:36:00 PM, Blogger Storm said…

    I had to go through the whole colonoscopy thing too. It's not fun in the least. Glad to hear you're okay. Hope your mom's biopsy turns out to be benign.

     
  • At 8/11/2005 05:12:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Will she have to be on the diverticulitus(sp?) diet?
    They say that everybody over 50 should have a colonoscopy. The pre-test diet SUCKS!!
    Practically everybody I know has had this test. It saved the life of a co-workers husband. Sooo I suppose I SHOULD make an appointment....maybe this winter.

     
  • At 8/11/2005 07:47:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    That's wonderful news!

    Wow, one third of her blood. Just take care of her for awhile until she could build her strength back. That's a lot of blood to lose.

    As for the AIDS thing, that's really sad. You'd think Canada would do a better job at screening the blood. Can't they screen what they have?

     
  • At 8/11/2005 09:03:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    so glad to hear that your Mom is doing good. what a relief for you!!

    so after all that stress you do need to rest ..

    big hugs !!!!

     
  • At 8/11/2005 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    sorry to hear that Storm, did it turn out OK? Was the prep as bad as it sounds? Tshsmom and I made a deal to get it done..right?? (giggling)

    Thanks ZS and Raven! Just came back from taking Mom out to dinner (didn't trust her to eat on her own)...going to rest up as soon as tonight's post is done...Mucho Hugs, Bridg

    p.s. Zombie-slayer, I don't know if they ever did the screening or not, but this was in the mid 80s so I'm sure they're doing it now (after the stink was kicked up).

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home