Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Rock and Roll Part 2

Gee wonder why the lyrics are so simple!?

How are you world?

It's overcast but not too hot here. Did absolutely zip except more groceries/errands yesterday. Got stuff I forgot to get while I was getting Mom meals that she just has to heat up. NOT looking forward to tomorrow, but as Tshsmom said, at least Mr. B won't be there (for another two weeks YAY!). Got so fed up/guilty about not doing housework that I started last night. Did dusting, polishing, changed linen, put away wash/dishes. While cleaning up the main bathroom, saw something out of the corner of my eye. Actually had been seeing that for some time and thought that I was imagining it, but THIS time also heard that faint bumping sound...looked up and saw one huge moth. Not imagining it was huge, it was. ICK. Ran out of the bathroom and slammed the door, taking the beach towel (souvenier of Mexico) that usually hangs over the door with me. After the panic died down (ZS I can hear you laughing now!), decided to throw the towel over the moth and let it go outside. And that's what I did.

Boy was I awake after that. EWWWWWW

Aside from that 'excitement', have any of you noticed that those scented oil things don't work? I don't usually smell things, but noticed that the house smelled of cat (with completely clean litter). Got new scented oil thingies with fans, and presto the problem wasn't there anymore. How annoying. The old air fresheners, the solid ones, can't be found anywhere and they used to work just fine without fans. And who outlawed vegetable boullion liquid? Haven't been able to find that for a year in any store around here.

Yet another question, even tho most of you are likely younger than me, have any of you ever woken up wondering what the hell happpened? One minute you're 18, having one heck of a good time, not thinking all that deeply about the rest of you life, the next minute you're older, heavier and a lot less lively. Some days I still feel like I was when I was younger (18 or 30 something--never feel like 20 something. Those --married--years were kinda like being in school and I don't think about them); other days are just normal (like I've always been 53). My mother's going to be 77 on Monday and she said that she still feels 18 inside some days. Now I know what she means.

Would not want to be in my teens or 20s for the world. Not sure about my 30s, I was in great shape then (well, up until the end of them but I was a little idiot then too. Very idealistic--painfully so). Hardly remember my 40s--so many family/friends/lovers died then it isn't something I can think about without great pain. Come to think of it, each decade had its own learning curve that I wouldn't want to go through again at all. But still. It's hard to imagine that once 34 waist jeans were 'fat' ; all I wanted to do was be married and have a family--being alone (unmarried) was the worst hell imaginable and a social stigma (other folks' values mattered a lot then); music and my buddies were all that mattered; health was boring and good health something taken for granted (e.g. arthritis was something folks got in their 80s); for that matter, mortality and nearness of family were both taken for granted--and on it goes. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I'm not bitching here, it just all seems a bit fantastic--like watching a sci-fi movie about someone else. Actually kind of funny. One of my pals at work said something about working to live instead of living to work. That's probably what started this train of thought. Just when did work get to be so important? Never mind, I just answered my own question--when the objectives of what I'm doing co-incided with my values, as well as those of my friends (who I work with), that's when. Hmmm. Maybe it IS not just a good thing that I change jobs--maybe it's essential to get things back into balance.

Geez I'll do anything to get out of housework!

Just kidding .....has anyone else thought like this? If so, did you conclude anything?

Far out!

Have a great day, world!

love, Bridg

10 Comments:

  • At 8/14/2005 03:25:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I wasn't just laughing. I'm just glad I finished my iced mocha or else I would be cleaning iced mocha off of my laptop's screen.

    You want to hear something else I thought was funny? My mother's scared of mice. I'd come home from school and find her standing on a chair screaming because she saw a mouse. So I'd have to check under everything with a stick to see if I could catch it, beat it to death, and take its carcass outside so she'd get off the chair. but looking back at that, that was funny.

    Oh, where did the years go? Sure, I think of that all the time. The older you get, the faster time moves. I don't like that. I wish it would slow down.

     
  • At 8/14/2005 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ROFL Glad I made ya laugh, ZS!! Hey I like Icecaps too. Your poor Mom and lucky her having you to fight off Monster Mice! Can just picture it..my place was invaded by mice a few years ago. Was so grossed out that I threw out the trap WITH the mouse remains, lol.

    Glad I'm not the only one wondering where time went!

    Bridg

     
  • At 8/14/2005 04:41:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. I actually made the guy who used to live across the street go into my garage and get rid of a bumble bee for me. I had just moved in (and am scared of bees, etc.). Didn't even know the man at the time....

     
  • At 8/14/2005 06:53:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i hate moths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    but you are much nicer ... if any bug be it moth, spider, cricket, or what EVER ... crosses the threshold of my home .. they die. that's just the way it is. i try to tell them when i see them outside to spread the word to the relatives and neighbors not to come into my house ... but sometimes they just don't listen (or perhaps they didn't get the message).

    ugh ....

    and yea i know what you mean ... the other day someone asked me how old i was .. and off of the top of my head i said ... 33 and then i was like .. WTF? wait a second .. i'm not 33 ... i'm 43!!! not that i was trying to lie or hide my age .. but sometimes i forget because it doesn't seem possible .....

    my sisters say the same thing ... they are in their 60s now .. and they are like "how is my baby sister 43?" lol

     
  • At 8/14/2005 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Raven, your sisters are in their 60s? Well, that's my next decade too I guess (shudder). My little sister is turning 45 tomorrow, so you two are almost of an age, but you Raven are a heck of a lot more mature than Sis!

    Just thought of something on the way back from my mother's tonight--the world was a smaller place 'back then' (e.g. high school). But that's only part of it...Bridg

     
  • At 8/14/2005 10:09:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I HEAR you on the aging thing!! Every morning this old person is in my bathroom mirror! Where the HELL did she come from? That old broad brought 30 extra pounds and a double chin to my mirror too. Where did she hide the young chick that used to wear hip-hugger jeans without anything hanging over?(I think she ate her)
    I definitely don't feel any older in my head, but it sure takes me a LOT longer to get things done nowadays!

     
  • At 8/15/2005 01:02:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, isn't that old one pushy, yet strangely hard to move. Hmmmmmmm

     
  • At 8/15/2005 03:27:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yeah, she's a STUBBORN old broad!

     
  • At 8/15/2005 03:51:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    LOL! We've all done the moth dance. They're nasty!!!

     
  • At 8/15/2005 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, Undies, and all the lads and lassies...1, 2, 3, EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home