Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Punky's Dilemma

Punky's Dilemma (sp) (Simon and Garfunkle) courtesy of http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Punky


Wish I was a Kellogg's Cornflake
Floatin' in my bowl takin' movies,
Relaxin' awhile, livin' in style,
Talkin' to a raisin who 'casion'ly plays L.A.,
Casually glancing at his toupee.
Wish I was an English muffin'
Bout to make the most out of a toaster.
I'd ease myself down,
Comin' up brown.
I prefer boysenberry
More than any ordinary jam.
I'm a "Citizens for Boysenberry Jam" fan.
Ah, South California.
If I become a first lieutenant
Would you put my photo on your piano?
To Maryjane--Best wishes, Martin.
(Old Roger draft-dodgerLeavin' by the basement door),
Everybody knows what he's
Tippy-toeing down there for

Hi world, sorry I was MIA yesterday. Made the mistake of buying new shoes. They had a little tiny heel on them. Not the thin kind, the penny loafer kind, not at all sexy, not at all high.

By 2:00 I was in PAIN like you could not believe. Ankles looked like my knees. OUCH. Put my feet up (at work, this is not easy to do) and could not stand it by 4:14 so I went home 16 minutes early. Drove directly to a store (up the street from my office) that sells items to handicapped folks including shoes and sandals. Asked them to measure my feet and find something that didn't hurt, which they did.

Both pairs of shoes cost less than the one single pair that hurt so badly. And felt like heaven.

It took until now (24 hours later) for the pain to stop and the swelling to go away. Needless to say, I didn't go to work today. Took Advil for pain. It took away about 50% of the pain but not the sheepish stupid feeling I have for going through that kind of physical torture for a pair of shoes, not to mention the embarrassment of taking time off for that reason (actually said that I wrenched my ankle). Also missed a dentist appointment but might not have to pay for it.

The killer shoes were Eccos. A different style than the ones I got earlier that felt really good. Frig. Ouch.

The good thing? Got nice feeling shoes, got to sleep, and coming out of the door, met a 9 year old boy and his sister. They were waiting for their mom to come out of a nearby store and they were holding their PUPPY, an 8 week old collie (sable and white) female. Gorgeous, sweet (all 3 of them, but I'm focussing on the puppy). Just THE most adorable little thing I've ever seen.

Made me want one but The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe would definitely not like it. Oh well, at least I got to visit with her/them. How adorable. Almost made the pain worth it lol (the shoe pain, I mean).

How was your day world? Good I hope? It 's hot, warm and breezy here...and something in the air's making it hard to breathe. Gee, maybe it's time to give the house its annual vacuuming.....

lol!!!

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 8/25/2005 03:53:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    The goldenrod is in full-bloom here. Maybe that's part of your breathing problem. It sure ain't doing me any good!
    I can soooo identify with the shoe thing. Once I find a pair of shoes that I can make it through the day with, I stick with them. Pisses me off when they discontinue the model I like!! I then have to experiment with 3-4 new brands before I find something that works again. Money down the drain!

     
  • At 8/25/2005 04:09:00 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    Sooo sorry to hear about your feet! Ouch!

    I'm a sucker for cute shoes, and I will wear them no matter how bad they hurt my feet. I'll be limping at the end of the day, but damn, I sure will look good doing it!

     
  • At 8/25/2005 05:15:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom--goldenrod and ragweed are my two biggest allergies!! Thanks for the heads-up, that explains it. And thanks for sympathizing re shoes..you'd think sooner or later some industry types would catch on. The shoes I just bought were from Finland?? I get several types at the same time (bet you do too?) once I find ones that fit..


    Mel thank you too for the sympathy. I love cute shoes but damn can't wear them anymore...Bridg

     
  • At 8/26/2005 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8/27/2005 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Rhi!! Yes they're better but MAN those shoes I have are U.G.L.Y!!! Like clown shoes. You're right about Pisces feet lol. Hard to find ones like you're describing in this city...Like the sounds of the red ones that you wear with jeans....

    I'm Aries rising and think that has an influence on me....but unfortunately not in the feet!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home