Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Horse With No Name

aka ARRRRRGGGGHJHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was my first day back at the Place Where Hope And Souls Die (work). It was the longest, most excrutiating day in the history of time keeping.

Also the longest.

Anticipating my departure, during my one month sick leave, Mr. B reassigned my projects. Which suited me just fine, since his concept of my/our profession is that it shouldn't exist, he doesn't understand it, everything Bridg does is wrong and can't anyone do it in the first place?

I'll ignore the obvious reply to that.

Before vacation, was helping out my colleagues for something to do. My hopefully future boss is off until Sept., and there are some other maneuvers to be done which means I will stay as I am probably until mid Sept. Hence I am in doldrums. Becalmed. Bored out of my f'ing skull.

Am still helping others out. It's OK but it is very tough to be here and to have a light load. I.hate.it.

Today we had a family birthday party at a local restaurant that my Mom and I like. Bro and his family, Sis (her bd too) and HER family were there. Bro walks in late, his wife even later. This was not their favourite restaurant--I usually cave in and go to it even tho Mom and I don't like it. This time I didn't. He is a son of a bitch all evening. Argued with everything I said--just plain angry. What about? Who cares? The point is HIM. And when he is angry, acts just like our late abusing father. Facial expressions, movements, words, everything. CHARMING.

Mom blissfully ignorant of everything going on around her (or pretending to be)--like an advanced Altzheimer's patient.

We went to Mom's afterward, where I just ignored the guy. He tried to start conversation, I just left as soon as gracefully possible after the festivities. Excuse was that someone had to take the billion gallons of ice cream (barf) home, as there is no room in Mom's freezer. Practically ran out of there.

I did graduate from university/college. Am NOT a know-it-all, but I do my homework (e.g. researching Mom's health problems). See no reason to argue the scientific facts with Bro (do not ask) nor argue with Mom about what her original version of the doctor's orders were (which have now changed). These were the items of contention. Not that it mattered much, I think he just wanted to be mad. At someone, at something.

Bro has literally just come back from visiting a former neighbor who now lives in a nearby city. This fellow used to be quite close to Bro and his family. The guy is now a VP in some high tech firm, making well into the six, if not seven, figures (no exaggeration) salary.

I can see how that would be hard to take for Bro, who is quite proud and controlling, and his wife, who is even worse. But it is not MY fault. Coming on top of a long first day back---OH this was a treat.

Feel like diving under the f"ing covers and staying there for the next 24 hours. Oh yah, I can't, I have my SHRINK appontment tomorrow. Geez wonder what we'll talk about?

Tonight, I would gladly move to Timbuctu or further to get the hell away from all of the madness. I can't. Much as she sometimes drives me crazy, Mom needs me. Have no idea what if anything to do in the future about this, and right now I just don't care. Can't discuss it with her, she already has a son we never see. But that is no reason for me to have to tolerate this kind of crap.

These are the times that call for a stink bomb.

You know, something sophisticated?

Ooooooh world, hope your day was better!

woefully yours, Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 8/15/2005 09:42:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Sounds like MONDAY to me!

     
  • At 8/15/2005 11:01:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    to make it worse, I left you an absolutely horrible joke on your other post today. ;p

    Well, actually, when I first heard, I thought it was so stupid that I couldn't stop laughing. Hopefully that will cheer you up. If not, I'll have to dig up a better one for ya.

     
  • At 8/16/2005 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, it sure did Monday all over the place!! HOpe your day was better...

    ZS your joke cracked me up! I loved it!! TY so much....Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home