Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Happiness Runs

Good heavens, we're resorting to Donovan!

Haven't done a lot the last two days. It's been in the 30s here, and my sleep cycle is still very messed up. Can't sleep till 4, wake up in the afternoon, yiii yii yiii this is odd. Oh well guess it'll sort itself out sooner or later. Something's robbed me of energy too, guess it's the heat.

Checked into the work e mail and found a recent request for info from the folks who want to hire me (yea!) which I took care of. Also found requests for help based on my longevity there, booo. And of course a question from Mr. B. Boooooooo. Also learned that the guy who tried to give me hell in a meeting is now my boss' boss' boss (Mr. B's boss). OH SHIT. This dude is pointlessly rude and agressive. Kinda like a wasp with attitude and without a hive because the other wasps can't stand him either. Why do only the problem children get appointed to jobs where they can cause the most harm?

Lovely. This is yet another sign, Bridg get the heck out of Dodge.

Did manage to clean my purse. This is significant folks, it weighed more than my cat does. And she ain't no lightweight! Also made ministrone soup (don't you find that to be a very life-affirming thing? I sure do) , put some chicken on to marinate in tequila lime sauce and cooked some other chicken I'd been marinating in lemon pepper sauce. So these are good things, just took me a week and a half to work up the energy to do them.

Mom and sis's birthdays are on Aug. 15, the day I go back to work. Family party that night, which will be great. And Mr. B will still be on vacation then (yay) and Marc will be with us again as of the 29th. Bigger Yea!!!

Had dinner with Scott last night. He is such a great guy. I mean besides the obvious physical plusses, he's sweet, very well mannered, athletic, very thoughtful of others, smart...whoever winds up with him will be very very lucky. And he's a great friend too. And on top of it all, modest!

Come to think of it, I'd say something close to that for all of my buddies. I am blessed in the friends area, just like I'm cursed in the work area. Hopefully the curse is wearing off.

Will catch up on your blogs soon, friends. In the meantime hope your weather is a lot cooler than ours...and that you're well and happy.

(((hugs)))) Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 8/05/2005 07:34:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I don't care what ANYBODY says; cleaning your purse is a major project! I tend to jam important receipts and notes in my purse right next to everyday receipts. Plus all the crap my guys hand off-"Hon/Mom, can you stick this in your purse?"

     
  • At 8/07/2005 08:59:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    True tshsmom, it took me over an hour. Most of the weight was change and paper..sheesh.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home