Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hang Fire

Well world, Mom's home! She got a new roomate in the hospital (24 hours prior to leaving) who, sorry to say, bleats like a calf continuously, including all through the night. The night nurse gave her morphine, and even that didn't knock her out. She's calling for her grandmother in French. Her son, who visits her, said that this isn't his mother now--it's her shell. The loudness and plaintiveness of the voice--it was horrible. I hope someone shoots me if I ever get that way. When Mom was in the hospital in December with the heart attack, she had other roomates in similar states (demented, but not as loud/persistent). What a horrid price to pay for growing old/outliving your mate. Wonder what will happen to that poor lady?

Anyway, Mom's fine, cat's fine...I took Mom to dinner (to make sure that she eats, now that she's become used to having three meals a day). Her meds have changed, and Bro took care of that. Ordered the birthday cake for her, Sis and Sis' partner. A/C unit's fine (maintenance guy came as promised). I'm looking for descriptions of diets for diventricular folks. Or however you spell that. I'm looking forward to sleep, so is Mom and the rest of the family.

Thanks so much for the prayers, good wishes and support. I know they worked.

Know that KFC commercial where a woman walking down a side walk spots a fallen leaf and starts screaming/runs away? Well, the leaves are turning up here and today I saw three different (and big) flights of geese on the wing.

Would b*tch about it, but would be glad for relief from the heat. Any signs where you are?

Tonight's post is gonna be short, gotta nap.

Hugs and love to all, Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 8/12/2005 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Can't WAIT for fall! I would love to see some leaves fall off the trees...

    We are under another heat advisory today.. will get over 100 today. It's gross, sticky, and HUMID.

    Wish I could come visit you!

     
  • At 8/12/2005 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Storm said…

    So happy to hear that your mom is okay Brig. I know that was a big worry for you.

    No sign of fall here. But I am in Florida!!!!

    Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 8/12/2005 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Adrian said…

    Happy your Mom is doing OK!

    Um, Im still waiting for summer to arrive here in Northern Ireland and theyre already forecasting winter.

    WHY DID I MOVE TO THE UK??

    Oh well... SIX weeks to go!

     
  • At 8/12/2005 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    No signs of fall here yet. I hear geese a lot but I'm by the lake and they swim in it so it's only natural. None seem to be migrating yet. Bloody hot here, but dry as a bone. I shall miss the fall colours in O-town. It was one of the few things I liked about living in that area.

     
  • At 8/12/2005 09:29:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    it was lovely here today .. overcast .. cloudy ... cooler .. MUCH cooler ... i loved it ...

     
  • At 8/12/2005 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Mel, I'm in your boat. I love fall! Wish you could visit too, fall here is good. Hope the heat there breaks soon.

    Thanks for your kind wishes, storm. It sure was a huge worry. Does Florida get fall? I'm serious...Isn't it rain? You have a great weekend too.

    Thanks Adrian T and man am I sorry for the awful weather you've been having. Ottawa's weather was like that last summer. I think it was a pretty mild winter if that's any consolation...

    WC you live near a lake how wonderful!! I saw more geese flying north today. The feathered traitors.

    Raven so very glad that awful heat you had earlier is gone. We hope for good, right?

    Here it's rained most of the day but it's fall rain (i.e. cool).

    Bridg

     
  • At 8/13/2005 05:34:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Yeah, a big lake and I can see it from where I work! There's a pic in my June archives. I'll try to find the post and the link.

     
  • At 8/14/2005 09:52:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Don't worry until the geese start flying SOUTH, Bridg!

     
  • At 8/16/2005 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    lol tshsmom! Actually there are some geese that do start off flying north of here. Happened last year too.

    Maybe they've got a bad navigator...

    WC--any photos are welcome...Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home