Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Glad All Over

This is a test for those of us past the age of 39. The answers areprinted below, just in case. READY????? Here we go! DON'T LOOK AT THE ANSWERS !!! I am ticked to have gotten a pretty high score....
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset,the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably,someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What didhe leave behind?____________
02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The __________________ Show.
03. "Get your kicks, ___________________."
04. "The story you are about to see is true. Only the names have been changed___________________."
05. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________."
06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced"under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the "_____________."
07. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very best _______________."
08. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents sharedthis great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was_________________.
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________
10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Redalways ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and"_______________".
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burningtheir____________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk inthe front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died." This was a tribute to ___________________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it.. It was called ___________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plasticring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ________________
Now scroll down........................... FOR THE ANSWERS.ANSWERS:






01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.02. The Ed Sullivan Show03. On Route 6604. To protect the innocent.05. The Lion sleeps tonight06. The limbo07. Chocolate08.. Louis Armstrong09. The Timex watch10. Freddy, The Freeloader, and "Good Night, and may God Bless." 11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.)12. Beetle or Bug13. Buddy Holly14. Sputnik15. Hoola-hoopSend this to your "old" friends. It will drive them crazy! And, keepthem busy and let themforget their aches and pains for a few minutes !

17 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2005 11:14:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I'm not 39 yet, but I could answer a few of these.

    2) Ed Sullivan. My Dad was a huge Beatles fan.
    6) Limbo. I've done this roller skating.
    8) I thought everyone knew Louis Armstrong. Who can ever forget It's a Beautiful World? Even though I'm a hard-core metalhead, I love that song.
    9) Timex watches. Those commercials were even around when I was little.
    10) Urgh! I should know this.
    11) Draft cards. I remember this from the history books. ;)
    14) Sputnik. Know this from history books too.
    15) Hoola hoop. My cousins had one.

     
  • At 8/09/2005 11:38:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    ZS, you gotta be REALLY flexible if you can limbo on roller skates! Wow!
    I'm ancient, I got them all right without even thinking about it.

     
  • At 8/09/2005 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS No way! Burning draft cards made it into the history books?

    OH man I"m a fossil......

     
  • At 8/09/2005 11:52:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. I'm with tshsmom ...doing the limbo on roller skates wow you gotta be good & limber (or really drunk???)

    lol

     
  • At 8/10/2005 09:03:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    SPAMMED! Woah, 3 in a row.

    I feel really stupid that I only knew one of these. But then again, I'm a few years off 39...

     
  • At 8/10/2005 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Thomcat said…

    01 - his american express card
    02 - total request live hosted by carson daly
    03 - from leggs pantyhose
    04 - to confuse themselves
    05 - the thomcat sleeps tonight
    06 - macarana, with a stick
    09 - a tootsieroll timebomb?

    whoa - i was way off ...

     
  • At 8/10/2005 12:37:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    I'm only 27 and I only missed three. Must be an old soul.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 02:45:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Well, we were little kids. For the first ones, I remember skating right under the poles, barely having to duck.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 03:57:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    ZS, you don't DUCK in limbo; you have to lean backwards! Oh man, my back hurts just thinking about this. 50 yr old bodies are NOT designed to limbo.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Reverend Dr. Will Trump said…

    great blog - i would like to interest you in some cleaning products ... hehe - does that sales pitch ever work ?!? but i've never seen a post spammed 4 times ... amazing record !

     
  • At 8/10/2005 08:32:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    1. horse poop
    2. Ed Sullivan
    3.
    4. to protect the innocent (Dragnet)
    5. the lion sleeps tonight
    6. limbo
    7. chocolate
    8. Louis Armstrong
    9. Timex
    10.
    11. draft cards
    12. bug & love bug
    13.
    14.
    15. hula hoop

     
  • At 8/10/2005 08:35:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Everyone, yah I don't think the spam's flattering. Apparently I need cash and to clean up??

    ZS I'd believe you and bsoholic are old souls for sure! I got all but 14--but then I'm over half a century old (sigh) oops should have kept my mouth shut. Now the botox spammers will be showing up...welcome thomcat 13 and thom!! Tshsmom you're right. Unless you wreck your back while utterly drunk am not sure it's limbo (lombo?)! Mel you sure you're 39? (ha ha only kidding) Bridg

     
  • At 8/10/2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    I missed # 10 when I put "Clem Cadillihopper" another of Skelton's characters.

     
  • At 8/11/2005 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey good for you jipzeecab! I'd forgotten good ole' Clem!!

    Welcome to the zoo!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 8/12/2005 01:35:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    i got 7 right, and I just turned 36 - do I get to join the "old soul" club? ;)
    fun blog!

     
  • At 8/16/2005 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Jenn, welcome to the old souls club!!!!

    Meetings every day at the bar. Starting at 8 (am).....

     
  • At 8/16/2005 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thom and Raven, you two are baaaad. Funny as hell, and baaaaad!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home