Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall

Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall (Simon and Garfunkle) courtesy of http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/simon-and-garfunkel/124734.html

Through the corridors of sleep
Past shadows dark and deep
My mind dances and leaps in confusion.
I don’t know what is real,
I can’t touch what I feel
And I hide behind the shield of my illusion.
So I’ll continue to continue to pretend
My life will never end,
And flowers never bend
With the rainfall.
The mirror on my wall
Casts an image dark and small
But
I’m not sure at all it’s my reflection.
I'm blinded by the light
Of God and truth and right
And I wander in the night without direction.
So I’ll continue to continue to pretend
My life will never end,
And flowers never bendWith the rainfall.
No matter if you’re born
To play the king or pawn
For the line is thinly drawn
’tween joy and sorrow,
So my fantasy
Becomes reality,
And I must be what I must be
and face tomorrow.
So I’ll continue to continue to pretend
My life will never end,
And flowers never bend
With the rainfall.

Love that song..hope you do too world. How goes it this day?
It's a fall ish day here but is going to reach 27 (hot) by Friday. Today was pretty good but had roller coaster moments.

First, I realized I'm mouthy (OK quit laughing you guys!). We had a staff meeting and I wound up either talking a lot, telling (true) stories and explanations, or...well you get the picture. With sound. The guys said that I wasn't mouthy but.......

Then some of the questions being asked, decisions being made--I've been through this 10000 times before and I know why it won't work, and just how it will fail and how much work and grief it's all going to cause. And I am keeping my big fat trap shut about it because this guy has to learn it on his own. Have/Do talk to the guys, neither of which have been through it before, but they see it coming too. OH DAMN IT!!! It is time to go.

Heard from (maybe, hoping) future boss today. Said he was digging into the funding issue that is keeping me here where I DO NOT want to be. Sigh. When I talk to folks about leaving they all object from their point of view (I'm the living memory here). Sigh again.

The funniest thing is having the new boss, who is a sweet man, ask me to do things I did years ago which got killed by Mr. B. Why? Because frankly he hates the profession we are in. Odd and sick right? Well, I warned the new guy, at least gave him ideas of new names to call the old things to throw Mr. B off the scent.

This. is. sick.

Oh well at least I can sort of laugh at it.

So now Bell has a competitor where I live, and I just spend the longest half hour of my life making the switch. I think the call centre is in New Dheli from the sounds of things. I know how hard it is to learn another language, especially English which is so odd. I also am not at all racist. But if you are going into telephone sales in a foreign tongue, for heaven's sake make sure that you are fluent!!! This man asked me 4 times what he could do for me today. I wanted to stick with Bell by the middle of the call (heh heh maybe Bell sent him there?).

Am limping like crazy. Did everything wrong with icing the knee (the way that I did it--took the ice off too long) according to M. We spoke again today. There is a man who takes away the trash in our building. He's from El Salvador and was teaching M and me to speak Spanish. The three of us got into chats a lot too (he comes around the offices about 5:30-6:00). Today he happened to mention how important a smile or cheerful greeting can be. I jumped, dialed M's new number and gave him the phone. It surprised M but good to hear this man's voice on my phone number.

Got lots of jokes today, so will post some of them. Glad you guys like them, I depend on them on days like this. Have been having wicked awful nightmares lately and the worst one was last night. Dreamed, among other things, that I got back together with my ex, we moved in together, then all the stuff that happened since we'd first parted, and all the reasons why we broke up, hit me all at once and I left (HE left me in reality). Then I got lost, my cell phone broke...etc. etc. it was AWFUL.

Guess it's the stress of not knowing if I have another job? Whatever, it sucks.

Oh well, NCIS is on tonight and that's always good.

Later!!

Bridg

1 Comments:

  • At 8/23/2005 08:52:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    What I want to know is who's in charge of HIRING people for phone help lines and telemarketing. I realize that you don't have to be a brain surgeon, but c'mon, command of the English language is MANDATORY!

    When I'm stressed, I always have the same nightmare. I dream that we have to move back to the apartment we lived in when we first got married. This place doesn't have off-street parking, room for our stuff, not to mention room for our kid or dog!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home