Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Da da da da

Hi world, how goes it?

Here life is very rainy but a great deal cooler (note: it's 11:49 and the a/c is on. Oh well). Didn't do much today except get hair done (and that takes hours) and getting groceries. Also bought a bunch of frozen meals for my mom's dinners and lunches. She's weak, and her habits of soup for lunch and little or no dinner are going to make her ill unless we can get her to carry on the hospital's food habits. Honestly the food at the hospital was great. And so was the staff, room, care, etc. Anyway, I brought the food to her place, put it away (it's impossible to get one more bit of food into there now), cooked her dinner and watched her eat it. I got hell for that later on but in a nice way.

Forgot to pick of some stuff of my own so have to go back tomorrow. Isn't that how it goes? I've let a few things around the house slide, which I'll do tomorrow.

Heard from M. He is not looking forward to going back to work in a week (one week later than me) and his old boss is trying like hell to get him a job somewhere else in M's home organization. Good. I can't say that Mr. B is doing that but hopefully I won't need him to. He's still off for a couple of weeks when I go back on Monday.

So life's going back to 'normal', whatever that means. Hey did mention that I got my hair done, right? Well they also colored my eyebrows. I look like a cross between Groucho Marx and a 70s rocker (long hair in the back, lots of body on top). The eyebrow thing will tone down in a day or too but to me it looks hysterical.

The Most Spoiled Cat In The World is enjoying her new perch these days (thank heavens) and her mom's company (I get cat love nips and kisses. She is sooooo sweet). Will miss this peaceful laid back part of life when I go back to jail I mean work.

Hope all is well in your worlds?

Hugs, Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 8/13/2005 02:46:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    You could dye your eyebrows? Funny the little things like this some guys don't know about.

     
  • At 8/13/2005 05:32:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Good hospital food? It couldn't have been the General, then. I spent 13 weeks there once and the food was the main reason I demanded to be discharged even though I still needed treatment!

    Cool & rainy? Wish we had some of that here...

     
  • At 8/13/2005 08:16:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i occasionally do my eyebrows too when i'm coloring .... did it this last time .... did they do it too dark (obviously) hehe ... awww

     
  • At 8/14/2005 09:57:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I don't wanna hear about "letting stuff go"!! At least YOU don't have a water heater in your back yard! hehe

    Good luck at work tomorrow! At least B-the-beast won't be there.

     
  • At 8/14/2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Oh yah ZS, you can dye eyebrows. And look like an idiot while it's being done! Trust me!!

    WC, no it sure wasn't the General or the Riverside (both suck from my experience). It was Queensway Carleton. 13 weeks? HOLY COW! Must have been awful. Glad you escaped.

    Raven, glad I'm not the only one lol. Feel for you as a fellow...ummm what would the word be? Groucho??

    Tshsmom you're right. I was so ashamed I got into housecleaning at 10:00 last night...still at it today (Sunday)!! Glad I don't have the hot water heater thing to deal with and sorry you do.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home