Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, August 26, 2005

C'mon Eileen

Come On Eileen Lyrics courtesy of http://users.cis.net/sammy/eileen.htm
( Dexys Midnight Runners )

(Come on Eileen!)(Come on Eileen!)
Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio
He moved a million hearts in mono
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever
Go toora loora toora loo rye aye
And we can sing just like our fathers ....
Come on Eileen!
Well, I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
With you in that dress, my thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty ......Ah, come on Eileen!
(Come on Eileen!)(Come on Eileen!)
These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces
They're so resigned to what their fate is
But not us, no not us
We are far too young and clever
Go toora loora toora loo rye aye Eileen, I'll sing this tune forever
Come on, Eileen! Well, I swear (what he means)
Ah come on, let's take off everything
That pretty red dress .... Eileen (tell him yes)
Ah, come on! Come on Eileen!!!
Come on Eileen! Well, I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
Come on, Eileen, taloora aye
Come on, Eileen, taloora aye
Come on, Eileen, taloora aye
Come on, Eileen, taloora aye
Come on, Eileen, taloora aye
Come on, Eileen, taloora aye
Go toora loora toora loo rye aye
Come on Eileen!
Well, I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
With you in that dress, my thoughts I confessVerge on dirty ......Ah, come on Eileen!
Come on, Eileen! Well, I swear (what he means)
Ah come on, let's take off everything
That pretty red dress .... Eileen (tell him yes)
Ah, come on! Come on Eileen!!!Come on Eileen! Well, I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
Come on Eileen! Well, I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything

Isn't that a cool song (unless your name's Eileen), world? How are ya now?

Today at work, even though I had stuff to do I was so bored that brief thoughts of setting my (long brown) hair on fire stampeded through my so called brain. But thankfully it was over at 3:00. Left early to go join M for a beer. Which turned into two (I am sloshed at 1 these days, what with the sleeping meds and all. Cheapest drunk on the planet but damn not easy! Unless you're M and he isn't having any of that!). Annnnyway, he beat me to the restaurant, so I walk up to him--he's all in black, which he looks DAMN FINE in, seated at the window, head leaning on it and the dark wooden wall (longish white hair)...he looked like an oil painting, bless his heart. And it was fine!!

I think most of you who leave comments out there are married, so I'm not sure you remember this, but finding and being able to talk to someone who you admire, respect (OK lust after a little too), and with whom you share much in common intellectually....is a rare treat. Sort of like what a plant in my house must feel like when I finally water them ("like the desert missed the rain"). Well, this was one of those treats. We talked about everything and nothing. Each other. Our experiences with Mr. B (and what we'd like to do to him). God, karma, paying it forward, how/whether women can tell how well endowed men are and whether it matters--you name it we talked about it.

I'm just so grateful that there is a M. And it's both an honor and a good thing that we have so much in common. I wish we worked together still, but as long as we're around (I mean breathing) there is a strong relationship. He told me not to worry, and I'm not. As long as I can have the occasional talk with him, fine (does this sound like a 'fix' of M? It sure feels like one). Made my day, weekend, week, whatever. It was a treat.
We did that double kiss goodbye thing.

Got a parking ticked, crumpled it up & tossed it into the back seat. Then got onto the highway with all the windows and roof opened up. Think the ticket landed somewhere on the highway. You don't have to pay until they bill ya anyway. It was cheap at twice the price.

S is off to a friend's cottage for the weekend; Pauly, friend of friends, is off on 3 weeks holidays and then S goes :(( but Marc starts on Monday.

Unfortunately so does Mr. B but what the hell, everyone has to be somewhere. (it it taking some control not to add something to that last line there......).

Hope all of you have a sunny, happy filled weekend. I sure intend to do that. Good start, eh? Wish he had a twin bro.

Hugs to all, Bridg

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home