Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Can't Touch This

World, have you ever had a day when every little thing was just difficult?

Well today was one of those in some ways, great in others.

Very lazy again, didn't start getting dressed until after 2, when My Cousin Vinny was over. Have seen that film a few times and still love it.

Decided to change the filter in the Eureka upright vacuum. Vacuum immediately drops tons of cat gravel every time it's moved. Removed the filter cap, which is where Ithought the new filter would go. Not so, according to the instructions. Did I read the instructions first? Of course not, I had to go through trying to figure it out on my own, THEN give up and get the instructions. Which say that this filter is not the one that gets changed. You're supposed to clean THAT filter by either vacuuming it with another vacuum (brilliant engineering, that) or running warm water over it. I chose the later route. EWWWW. What flew out of the filter was so packed with grey fur (courtesy of guess who), it more resembled mouse bits than fur. EEEEWWWWW! The HEPA filter didn't need changing.

Then tried to reassemble the dirt cup and put it back into the vacuum. HA! Fixing the draw drapes would have been less frustrating and faster. STILL haven't gotten the damn vacuum back together. At one point, every move of the vacuum caused more kitty gravel to pour out and I was sick of the little piles all over the carpet. So I assembled another upright vacuum similar to a model (actually THE model ) that Mom liked. THAT vacuum was packed so tightly, I had to tear the box AND the styrofoam apart to get the pieces out. But did succeed and it does the job well, until you go to use the attachments. Have still not figured out how that works. Every time I try it, there's no suction.

Needed to go to the drugstore and electronics store but ran out of time. Went to Mom's, feeling VERY frustrated, but all turned out well. The restaurant we went to gave us great service (once they noticed us sitting there) and the meal was excellent.

I've calmed down/cooled down. Will try the vacuums again tomorrow after work, and will do the errands first. At least the little piles are gone. And the cat litter's changed.

It was stinking hot here today but didn't go out in it, was too busy watching movies, freezing berries and messing up vacuums. By the time dinner rolled around, it had cooled off well.

So how was your Sunday, World?

I have Mr. B (unless he's sick or something) for the first time in about 2 months tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but perhaps if I'm very lucky, won't see him at all. He has two new victims to go after anyway. Hope they're going to be safe....

Had a very disturbing dream that my little sister was being held captive in some hospital (something to do with her eyes). Bro and I broke her out of there, Bro got away but I was captured and tortured. Then the cat woke me up. Don't need a PhD in psychiatry to decode that one!!

Well, world, I wish you clear cool days, cool nights and sweet dreams.

Hugs, Bridg

p.s. Mom doing much better, even she says that--stronger in many ways all the time.

8 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Storm said…

    Ugh! I hate days like that. Sometimes it's like nothing goes right. I usually just go to bed and put the covers over my head.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 03:20:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    sweet dreams? i drempt last night that I was trying to drink a dark beer with a sponge on a stick.
    the sponge was gross and dirty and hung in a net at the end of a handle kinda like a sqweegy at the gas sations used for cleaning windshields. only problem was the sponge was so contaminated by previous use, I couldnt enjoy my beer. what do you think that means?

     
  • At 8/29/2005 03:56:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Whenever I have a day like that I sing Momma said there's be days like this, days like this, my Momma said, Momma said ... it always makes me feel better.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 05:53:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I LOVE my new vacuum. Except I lost my instruction book. ARRGGHH!
    The first week we had it, Z tripped over it and broke the pedal that makes it stand upright. It's a little $2 piece that they REFUSE to send to a "common"(not factory authorized technician) person.
    They INSIST that we hop in the car and take it to the nearest factory authorized technician(300 miles away)! Our other option is to ship it there, at our cost. For the price of shipping, I could buy a new vacuum! Besides, who wants to be without their "new" vacuum for 2-4 weeks?(Not with MY family, you don't!)

    Rhiannon, my grandma did the same thing!

     
  • At 8/29/2005 07:04:00 PM, Blogger Justice said…

    I've had days like that too. It just seems like nothing is going right. Sorry to hear you had one.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 07:35:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey you :)

    i love love love the movie My Cousin Vinney .. i watched it yesterday on TV too!!! it is sooo funny .... "oh yea, you blend" ... is my favorite line ...

    glad to hear your Mom is doing well .... :)

    hope today went well ... ignore Mr. B (as much as you can do that) ...

     
  • At 8/29/2005 08:30:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Rhi, glad I'm not the only one lol. It's been too long and that stupid vacuum is way too covered in cat hair/grit to take back, but I did hold onto the old canister that I was using before this bagless nonsense started, so I"ll use it. Haven't had the kind of experiences you're describing (wish I did). Hugs right back!

    Storm, I did get this Friday off and changed my starting at work time to 9 instead of 8..closest thing I could do (laughing)...

    Robyn I am NO expert, but my guess is that you are fed up with waiting for Avery and want your body back/to have a good time? You probably are not drinking now, right? Guess the beer is good times so to speak. Not very earthshattering I know but..best I could do!

    Undies you have no idea how much that helped! Reminds me of a fave song (Can't hurry love), Thank you!

    tshsmom, I anticipated that the vacuum folks would say something like that, and since I'm SO BUSY spent time looking up installation instructions on the internet. It did help.

    Justice, hugs and thank you. Hope that all of us have done our duty and won't have one of these again for a long time.

    Raven sis!!! (((hugs)))) now how did I know that you'd love that movie too! Wasn't Marisa T the BEST? Loved that mouth. Did you notice how many times she was bleeped on TV during that movie? Hilarious...

    Love to all, Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home