Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Can't Hurry Love

Can't Hurry Love

(b. holland/l. dozier/e. holland, jr.) Courtsey of http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/diana-ross/40097.html
I need love, love
To ease my mind
I need to find, find
someone to call mine
But mama said
You can’t hurry love
No, you just have to wait
She said love don’t come easy
It’s a game of give and take
You can’t hurry love
No, you just have to wait
You got to trust, give it time
No matter how long it takes
But how many heartaches
Must I stand before I find a love
To let me live again
Right now the only thing
That keeps me hangin’ on
When I feel my strength, yeah
It’s almost gone
I remember mama said:
You can’t hurry love
No, you just have to wait
She said love don’t come easy
It’s a game of give and take
How long must I wait
How much more can I take
Before loneliness will cause my heart
Heart to break?
No I can’t bear to live my life alone
I grow impatient for a love to call my own
But when I feel that i, I can’t go on
These precious words keeps me hangin’ on
I remember mama said:You can’t hurry love
No, you just have to wait
She said love don’t come easy
It’s a game of give and take
You can’t hurry love
No, you just have to wait
She said trust, give it time
No matter how long it takes
No, love, love, don’t come easy
But I keep on waiting
Anticipating for that soft voice
To talk to me at night
For some tender arms
To hold me tight
I keep waiting
I keep on waiting
But it ain’t easy
It ain’t easy
But mama said:You can’t hurry love
No, you just have to wait
She said to trust, give it time
No matter how long it takes
You can’t hurry love
No, you just have to wait
She said love don’t come easy
It’s a game of give and take

I like Phil Collins' version best but take your pick, world! Thanks for the idea, Undies!!

Poor New Orleans. Holy cow, spent at least half an hour watching the news this a.m. 10 feet of water on the streets?? Here's hoping for the best, Big Easy.

It got cloudy up here (duh) but very warm. Mr. B was back, I suppose in all his glory but the times I had to walk by that place (his office) I ignored him and even the office. And likely he didn't quite have the stomach to make me more miserable today. Marc was in (his first day back with us) and bored by 4:00. S and I left 13 minutes early. Could not take one more minute.

Did DO work, then found I somehow did it wrong in places and now have to go back and check everything. OOOh how inspiring that was )I can do really complicated things very quickly. The simple ones, including punching holes on paper to put them into a binder, I screw up every single time. In different ways, each time). This was one of those 'simple' jobs.

Decided to take Friday off. That leaves only 3 more days in Hell. And this coming weekend is Labour Day so it's a long weekend. The Psychic Fair (go ahead and laugh, I know you want to...!) is this weekend and I can't wait. Bet my aura's a bright red (just kidding. Red is the anger color).

Did get the rest of the stuff I wanted to do on Sunday (and didn't because of the !@#%^ vacuum cleaner) done. Except putting the VC back together. That I'm saving for another day when I will feel more like being frustrated.

It felt like the whole world around me was waiting for something to happen today, like everyone and every living thing in the near vicinity took a gigantic breath in and held it. Spooky and nerve-wracking. I don't usually pick up on 'vibes' around me that way although my Mom does. So that's how strong it was (even the non-receiver Bridg noticed it). Sure hope I was wrong. With my luck it'd be a Mr. B special. sigh.

This isn't a pity party guys, just description. Why can't we get hurricanes here? Everybody's having them but this place and we really really need a day or ten off. How about it, weather guys? Send us one of your spares. Only half kidding here.....

Well world, hope that tonight finds you dry, sheltered and with your loved ones...Bridg

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home