Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Beautiful

Beautiful LyricsArtist: Gordon Lightfoot
Album: Beautiful Courtesy of http://www.lyricsdepot.com/gordon-lightfoot/beautiful.html

At times I just don't know
How you could be anything but beautiful
think that I was made for you
And you were made for me
And I know that I won't ever change
We've been friends through rain or shine
For such a long, long time
Laughing eyes and smiling face
It seems so lucky just to have the right
Of telling you with all my might
You're beautiful tonight
And I know that you won't ever stray
Cause you've been that way from day to day
For such a long, long timeAnd when you hold me tight
How could life be anything but beautiful
think that I was made for you
And you were made for me
And I know that I won't ever change
We've been friends through rain or shine
For such a long, long time
Well, I must say it means so much to me
To be the one
who's telling you
I'm telling you
that you're beautiful.

Isn't that a haunting song, world? How is it va'ing for you today?

Here it was hot, sunny, a little breezy and no clouds at all. Gorgeous late summer day. The butterfly bush (well, butterfly sprig is more like it) is finally blooming. Tiny lilac like flowers with red centers that smell of mint and baby powder. The garden in general did REALLY well--too well for my liking. The plants are huge. Azaleas and rhodos did especially well and the flipping bleeding heart is just a big bully, growing all over the place. Ferns are huge, hostas too. Will have to do some dividing next year.

The front is another story. The violets took offense to not being watered and turned to straw. So did the grass. Ingrates. I'm taking most of those plants up next year. Not that there is much of a front lawn in the first place.

Feet are markedly improved. Increased daily dose of devil's claw, kept wearing the new (good but ugly) shoes and it seems to be paying off. Sheesh.

Also went out and got a whole wack of strawberries and raspberries. Am freezing them on a tray, then dumping the frozen berries into baggies. This after proving to myself that if you just put them fresh into a baggie and then defrost, what you get is really gross.

Can't say that much went on here today. By co-incidence (which I don't believe in), was thinking about calling my cable provider to experiment with new channels. Low and behold, they call me today. Now if that is the way the universe is working these days, will start focusing on new job thoughts! The cable guys have this two months free deal so I'm gonna try it. Mom has that already and it seems pretty cool.

Gotta say that this weather is great. Warm and sunny days, very cool nights. Perfect sleeping weather. Am dying to get back on the treadmill but want to make sure that the feet are absolutely OK before doing that again.

The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe enjoys weekends and I do too. Besides the obvious (no work), it is a weekly luxury to do nothing but sip coffee and read the paper with Smokey purring next to me for hours. Just love that. And now the birds are singing outside the window(s).

World, hope that whereever you are, that you're enjoying the peace and tranquility, however fleeting, that I am now!

Hugs, Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    sounds like your weather is beautiful ... still been hot here (upper 80s and yes that's too hot for me) ...but cools off at night.

    sorry about your feet .. weird thing .. i'm having trouble too .. my feet / ankles have been swelling a LOT lately ... feel horrible when i get home from work.

    i will be looking forward to walking every day at the track behind the new house.

    hope everything else is going good for you sis!!

    (( hugs ))

     
  • At 8/28/2005 08:58:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Those IQF(individually quick frozen) berries will go GREAT on oatmeal. Ice cream too, but I try not to think about that.
    Great news about your feet. Buy a couple more pairs of the "ugly" shoes, before they discontinue them!

     
  • At 8/28/2005 02:24:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Also went out and got a whole wack of strawberries and raspberries. Am freezing them on a tray, then dumping the frozen berries into baggies.

    Yummy. Not only are they high in anti-oxidants, they're one of the best tasting things. We used to gather blackberries in the park, taking several bags of them.

    I'd make waffles from scratch and put them on top. I don't remember the recipe by heart though, but put some good Canadian maple syrup on top, whip up some whipping cream, and there you have the good life. :)

     
  • At 8/28/2005 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Raven, so very glad to hear from you!! Also sorry about your feet also. Agree over 80 is too hot--fall can't get here fast enough for me lol. Everything else OK except for Mr. B, who returns on Monday :( but then so does Marc :) (((hugs))) right back atcha!

    Tshsmom, I am going to take your advice. Who knows, maybe they'll have some red ones like Rhi's? Also going to get more berries, love those things.

    ZS how could anyone possibly guess that you make waffles from scratch? What a great idea (syrup) but will pass on that--very addictive. Good for YOU tho!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home