Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Walk of Life

WOW what a concert! Mark Knopfler and crew were fabulous. The crowd was fabulous. Our seats (HOLY CROW Jer What you PAID YIKES!) were absolutely the best. The light show was fantastic. He played old stuff, new stuff, all of it wonderful. 2.5 hours straight without a break and I don't know how many standing ovations. The crowd's energy was amazing and MK is just one of the coolest guys around.

Still buzzed from it. Thanks isn't a strong enough word, Jer, but thanks.

Now onto more boring stuff.

Work was work. Got an inspiration on how to do a 'minor' Mr. B task and got it done quickly. Made more contacts, one very depressing, some good. And have a meeting next week with a front runner (yea yea yea oh pleeeeeze let this one happen). Was supposed to go for beer with M after work, but by 6:10 he hadn't shown, hadn't phoned and I leave work at 4:30 these days (having a lighter workload and all). His mother in law broke her hip recently, something could have happened with that. He could have forgotten, who knows. I did wait what felt like forever, and wasn't feeling great physically in the first place. No messages left at home. So I feel left high and dry.

Issy painted a picture for me! She brought it in and it's lovely (a parrot). Can't wait to hang it. She even signed it!! Of course I paid her for it....

S was his usual wonderful self, and the contractor-retired guy was too. Thank heavens.

How was your weekend, world? Still hanging in there?

I'm off to eat, am starving....Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2005 12:42:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    so you went to a concert? cool!!

    glad you enjoyed yourself girl! you needed to do that!

    sorry about M ... oh i hate that!! nothing is so important that you can't pick up the phone and let someone know ... geez ... i find that very rude and inconsiderate!!!

     
  • At 7/05/2005 04:08:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Was MK wearing shoes? I'm glad it was a GOOD concert! Sometimes they play all new, experimental stuff and that stinks. We go to concerts for the music we love!

     
  • At 7/05/2005 07:29:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I'd love to see Dire Straits. Knopfler's an awesome guitarrist (and this is coming from a metalhead). Glad you enjoyed the show.

     
  • At 7/05/2005 09:27:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Post a picture of the painting!

     
  • At 7/06/2005 07:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey guys, sorry I didn't respond earlier. There were several NCIS shows last night!

    Raven, ty, it felt great to get out and yes it was a drag waiting for M. He sent me a nice note and we're (allegedly) having lunch on Friday. He says he now owes me two beers, and knows darn well I can't take that much lol.

    tshsmom and ZS, I think he was wearing shoes. At least I didn't notice bare feet. Such a cool guy....

    Undies, will try to do that this weekend...Bridg

     
  • At 7/06/2005 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Oh forgot to mention, M didn't show because he was trying to dig holes with a auger he'd rented. It was too big for him and he hurt his back trying to use it in heavy clay.

    I forgive him but am not too impressed.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home