Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Strike It Up

Whatever happened to Black Box anyway? Thought that they were pretty good....how are ya world???

Still great weather here, unusually so. Loving it still.....

Big Dummy here went and bought a treadmill. Will be paying for it 10 years after I've died, but it's worth it I think. Except have to keep it clean, as in vacuum downstairs in the basement. The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is not allowed down there anymore, because her hair will give me more work to do. Will likely relent within a few days tho. Went to one place, found a treadmill I liked. It was bigger than I thought it would be (i.e. would have to go in the basement). Wanted to think it over. The salesman didn't do any explaining at all. Then dropped in at a second place. WOW was the guy there adorable, but they didn't have treadmills. Had lots of other stuff tho. He sent me to a third place, laughably close to my house. THAT place was great. They explained what I needed to look for other than the obvious (e.g. motor noise, springiness in the belt, etc.) which the first place didn't do at all. So I bought at the third place. Now there is NO excuse for not walking, since I don't even have to get dressed to use this thing. Just vacuum every once in a while (my most hated activity, but the area involved is small). So maybe not so dumb after all.

Also went and got what I'm calling 'whole foods' (salad, broccoli, whole bunch of fruit) instead of the usual natchos to snack on (well and eat for dinner too). OK it's only been a day but so far so good. Have been doing OK at eating oatmeal in the morning but by dinner (I skip lunch) am ravenous and eat all the fried stuff that isn't nailed down. Maybe this will help (e.g. watermelon, ready-made salad, sunflower seeds, pears). I sure hope so. Started out looking for another pair of large pjs and decided nuts to that, I'm getting back to my former size.

Soooo we'll see what happens.

Am afraid of telling my family. They'll nag me every day if they find out. You'd think at the age of 53 I would have gotten past being affected by this kind of stuff, but noooooooooooo!

Spent the whole day looking at treadmills and buying groceries. It was also expensive on the grocery side. Kind of funny how eating poorly is cheaper.

OK it's been a few hours already. How much weight have I lost (ha ha ha)??

Hope your day was great, world! How did you like the pics?

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 7/30/2005 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    good for you...It's difficult to start out something especially when It's food habits. just stick with it and when you see some results after a couple of days (in your body, not your need for fried food) you will feel encouraged to keep with it.
    Wish I had a treadmill, like you said, now you have no excuse.
    hope you get to your desired size and can find those fancy PJs you deserve

     
  • At 7/30/2005 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    just read what you posted over at ravens and saw that your profile says you're allergic to deceit.
    I totally agree with you. I have no time for dishonesty in people, dont know if maybe "The Game" is something younger kids play, just know that it's what ends up creating hurt feelings in the end. think that might be what don Juan has dealt with. and I dont like guys saying every woman is conieving.

     
  • At 7/30/2005 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks for the comments and support Robyn!

    Sure am hoping re weight, have many many to lose but now have 1 less excuse for not getting on it. It's an awsome thingie.

    And re don juan, I agree he's probably been 'gamed'. Have you ever inherited some guy who'd been treated like that? I have. It mucks up many more folks than the immediate guy involved. Just wanted to show him that there are nice women out there too. Like you, I don't like being 'tossed off' as one of the game players just because I'm female!

     
  • At 7/31/2005 12:26:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    congratulations girl!! i am so proud of you .... i really am. i wish i could afford one ... but right now .. i can't.

    i need to do something though .. i'm waiting for my infomercial DVDs to come so i can start working out with them!!

    the pics are hilarious ... i loved it when you sent them to me .... leave it to men, eh? LOL

     
  • At 7/31/2005 05:28:00 AM, Blogger Adrian said…

    DOH! I want a treadmill too.

    Good move on the lifestyle change Bridget, I fully support your decision and hope the treadmill brings you a lot of joy. And results.

    Just take it slow at first, OK?

    I dont want you injuring yourself.

    Now that the cauions have been issued, I say:

    GO FOR IT!! : )

     
  • At 7/31/2005 01:01:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Ha ha. Those pics are awesome! Really nasty but funny. My fav though is the Leaning Tower of Piza one.

    As for treadmills, we have one of those workout machines that you see on TV. It's in pieces. I don't even remember where it is. We never even put it together.

     
  • At 7/31/2005 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you so much you guys! Don't feel as guilty now (re splurging). Did mention it to Mom and she was so supportive too. Hope I can stick to it this time.

    There was this big thing on diabetes (which I don't have yet but was headed that way) in the paper today so the motivation's on fer sure.

    ZS I saw some of those machines but thought I was blowing enough money lol...Raven let me know how those DVDs work out, K? I bought one at Chapters and couldn't even get through the situps. Boy was that humiliating. Adrian you're a big sweetie. Thanks so much...

    ((((hugs)))) Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home