Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, July 08, 2005

So Into You

Hey Gang, how goes it?

OK this is how many days in a row that Mr. B was nice. Weeeeird. He even found a possible job in the fall, which I sent my cv and phoned about asap. Can't get outa here fast enough. The woman I spoke with was very nice and encouraging. Said that the system is crying out for people with my background and that I should have my choice of jobs once the big shots get staffed. What a great person! And such a nice reassuring thing to say on a Friday, when most folks like me have just had enough and only want to get going out the door. Thank you!

M and I didn't lunch (my idea) since he really needs to talk with someone else who's away till next week. Had so much to do that I worked through most of my lunch anyway.

Saw one dinosaur who used to work with us in the cafeteria. When he saw me, he HID! It was really funny, he put up his arm and tried to hide his face. I grinned and ran up to him, made a big fuss over him. The man he was with is a friend of mine and he laughed his head off. The Dinosaur was in to see Mr. B. I was in Mr. B's office when the meeting was arranged by his admin assistant. M and I hope that Mr. B does re-hire the Dinosaur. Heh heh heh.

Dino used to go into people's desks and computers, including the boss', take reports and stuff from them, and in my case, he'd stand at his cube wall and evesdrop on phone calls or watch me type. This would go on for hours. Everyone said something about it to me. He has a grey afro (messy), walks like a dog with a 'hangdog' expression (hunched over, head hung low), looking from side to side, usually with a pen sticking out of his mouth. Pants 2 sizes too big, ditto jacket which never matches and neither of which have been dry cleaned since the early 80s. Deletes files from the common drive at work (in other words, erases your work). Would spend the day either watching me or wandering from office to office all over our 21 floor building. Very creepy. Oh yah, he'd get on the phone and yell at his wife a lot. He speaks very loudly...it's impossible to have a phone conversation while he's on the phone with his wife (in cube-ville). He left our place a few years ago, said he was bored, but the place he went to is the ultimate in security. They have probably curtailed his wandering/stealing penchant. Idiot. NEVER did any work, and the rare times he did, the work stunk.

This was a day from the alternate universe. I even got a compliment from Mr. B.

*shaking head* Raven you were right. He oughta get a personality and stick with it.

S seemed alright today, he always does....but he seemed a bit distracted when he left for the day and I'm worried. OK I'm being a mom.

Am spending the weekend relaxing and studying for my maybe sorta interview on Monday. M's is on Tuesday somewhere else. And now this other possibility came up and I do have other irons in the fire. Keep your fingers crossed folks.

At least today I found out that I'm not expected to have something right now this minute. And it isn't as hostile as it's been where I am now.

This may have a half life of ten seconds but whatever. Since I"m leaving sooner or later, don't really care.

Life at home is OK but quiet. Do intend to at least start walking. Otherwise...hmmm oh yah the roof stuff is supposed to start Monday. Yippee $3200.

I am in the wrong biz.

And how are your worlds? Are the monsters quiet? Anyone else going to the movies this weekend, and if so, which ones?

Red in case you're reading this, I can't post comments on your site. It freezes my machine....

Night all. Hope your day was great and tomorrow is a trip to the zoo (a good one, I mean lol)!

Love, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 7/08/2005 08:37:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Whew! Another week under your belt. You go girl!
    Sure hope they don't hire the Dino back. You definitely don't need his shit now!
    If it's any comfort to you, I've had a super-busy week and a moody co-worker to deal with. Work is NEVER perfect, but we gotta pay the bills. YUCK!!

     
  • At 7/08/2005 09:30:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i'm glad today went okay too. maybe he picked the NICE personality and is going to chill with that one for a while.

    in the mean time .. repeat: it's only temporary .. it's only temporary.

    it's so dam hot here .. i'm really not in a good mood .. LOL

    sitting here in my office sweating like i was in a dam sauna.

    I WANNA MOVE TO SEATTLE!!!! :(((((

     
  • At 7/08/2005 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, you got it. This paying bills stuff is for da boids. Thanks for reminding me that I DID get through another week (lost sight of that). Sorry that you have a jerk to deal with and lots of work too. Hey have you ever heard of the Big Black Book of Revenge? Someone gave it to me as a bd present. Not sure I'd ever do that stuff (like putting rice in the hot tub of a bothersome neighbor like Raven's) but is sure is funny to just read that stuff. I don't think that he can afford to hire Dino as long as I"m here, thank heavens. A long time ago, Cosmopolitan magazine suggested (for when you're bored) to invite the 10 most obnoxious folks you know to dinner, then find an excuse and leave. I'm wondering if that's gonna happen in this office and if it does, hope my buds get out first.

    Hi Raven! Sorry it's hot there. Here it is too, the A/C has been on all night. You sure have my sympathy. You're right the nice bit is temporary and I"m not gonna count on a thing (except leaving). Do envy you the ability to blog at work. I'd LOVE to do that, but odds are that someone would find my blog and THEN there'd be fireworks. How is work these days? You sure are busy...hey don't move to Seattle, move here!!! :) grin....

    hugs, Bridg

     
  • At 7/10/2005 11:06:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    BTW, "So Into You", is one of my favorite songs. For your own sanity keep another ARS song in mind: "I'm Not Gonna Let it Bother Me Tonight"
    I'd love to read that book! What a stress reliever!!

     
  • At 7/10/2005 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks tshsmom! I'm gonna look that song up! ANY stress reliever is sooo welcome here these days...Bridg

     
  • At 7/11/2005 06:09:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Wow. I have never worked with someone as bad as Dino, ever.

     
  • At 7/11/2005 09:06:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey ZS good to hear from you! Yah, Dino is one of a kind, that's for sure.

    He told folks that he's retiring and was on a farewell tour.

    *shaking my head and laughing*

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home