Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Running Back To Saskatoon

Happy Birthday Canada!!!

And almost happy Fourth of July!

Hope you're partying or having fun, even if it's just chillin', world!

It's now sunny bright, breezy and as cool at 43 can feel (humidex included there). Poured like all get-out a while ago..honest it reminded me of those downpours that you get in the islands, mon. Wouldn't it be great to be on one now? Nothing to do but worry about how to get through all the rum drinks, not sunburn too much, and snorkel/scuba dive?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Was woken up by The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe at 10:00 this a.m. Guess she felt enough was enough and it was time for me to get up. Did I ever mention how lovely weekend mornings are? Drinking coffee slowly, reading the newspaper with Smokey (who purrs her sweet gray head off)? It's fantastic. Called Mom, who is very very happy to have her cat home. He's even more spoiled that Smokes....when Mom was in the hospital after her heart attack, my sister and I took turns BABYSITTING the cat, leaving the TV on so that he wouldn't get lonely and staying at least 20 minutes with him, usually an hour, a night. For five weeks.

THAT is spoiled, IMHO.

Bought another Kay Scarpetta book and a box of chocolates (don't do this very often....really....). Am very glad that I didn't do the gardening that I'd planned to because I would have been soaked. Got enough soaking last night trying to water both lawns. Went through 2 pairs of sweatpants and 3-4 T shirts. Soaked to the skin. If the plants got half the water that I did, they'll be fine. LOL

So got through Kay Scarpetta--a few chapters anyway--and the next thing I know it's 6:30 and The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is demanding dinner (by purring). This wild singles life is killing me (ha ha ha).

Tried out a scallops and angel hair pasta recipe--if I could cook it, anyone could--and it worked. Had to either cook or baptize the scallops, they'd been out of the freezer that long. If you want the recipe let me know...it's easy and good.

Nothing major on the agenda for tonight. Am just enjoying the day off, chillin. Hope that you are mellowing too...may all of us know peace of heart....Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 7/02/2005 09:10:00 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    Independent women, and the cats who own us. That should be the title of my next blog.

    I'm so glad you are having a relaxing start to the weekend. Enjoy!

     
  • At 7/02/2005 09:25:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Great idea...and very appropriate title. You wouldn't believe what THE STARE did to me tonight.

    That's right. Change the @#$%^ cat litter.

    And it wasn't even that bad.

    Maaaaannnnnnnnn,......Bridg

     
  • At 7/03/2005 07:27:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i love, love, love to sleep in on the weekends ....


    ahhhhhh .... it's awesome .....

     
  • At 7/03/2005 03:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Me too Raven. Sleeping in is the ultimate luxury.....Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home