Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, July 22, 2005

A New Day Has Come

OK OK Not sure I like her as a person but Celine can sing.

Guess what? The meeting/interview again didn't test me on facts, it was a chemistry test with two women who will/would be my colleagues. And it went FANTASTIC!! Then we met with the man all would report to, who is great too. They're interested, so am I. They are broke and are going to find $s to bring me in and figure out how to do it (the mechanics) because the human resource rules were written in the 1300's. He (da big boss) said that there is a99% chance it'll go the way we all want it to but not to drop out of other considerations because there's still the 1%. Smart and considerate guy. I am thrilled. Told G New Boss about it, he's thrilled for me. Also told TLT (since I figured he'd be in a snit if I didn't). He seemed very surprised and glad too (of course I was floating on air, so he had little choice but to be happy, it's that contagious). He said that this was fast and I guess it has been (although it seemed like slo mo torture).

I have to settle down. There is zip on paper, and this could all change in the blink of an eye. But for now I'm so darn happy.

Someone I gave as a reference met with the big boss and gave me a rave review, then called to tell me that my impressions were accurate (about it going very very well).

I want to know it's over but it's going to take weeks if not a month, but there's an end in sight, thank God (I hope!).

In the meantime, best bud of buds Pauly had a chat with one of the two morons who's been 'picking on me (Bridg)'. He talked to Moron 1 two times. And he's going to meet with the other moron too. Says that this won't happen again. Pauly must have scared Moron #2 because he (M2) left a voice mail message for me and an e mail. G New Boss got it too and told me not to bother reading it (he didn't want me to get upset). So I didn't. Also , G New Boss asked what my view of the whole thing was.

VERY diff from TLT, who wouldn't have bothered asking and would have shot me on sight (even tho I'm the one being attacked).

YAY G New Boss. I like him more and more each day. Would definitely work with him again.

And now three weeks off (M's interview is Tuesday afternoon, just like the Moody Blues song). Hope it goes well, he is such a good man. And smart, ethical, etc. Have been praying for him too.

Will miss the guys while I"m off. A BUNCH. They're my sanity (I can hear them saying "poor YOU" to that one!).

Hope we get together over the three weeks. S said that we need to and I sooooo agree.

Came home, roaring up the street (well not really roaring but...) and noticed the driveway was blocked. Yup, Emmi had the thing blacktopped and forgot to tell me about it. Oh well at least it's done and over with. But it sure was funny.

Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is howling, gotta find out why....thank you all so very much for believing in me. I love you guys.
((((((((hugs)))))))), Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 7/22/2005 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    BJ - you had me at celine can sing.

    I am strangely drawn to her just as I am blue cheese. It can't possibly be good, you shouldn't like it - but yes, oh yes, you do.

    Happy Friday!

     
  • At 7/22/2005 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Back atcha Kris! LOL comparing Her Celine-ness to blue cheese!!!

    Happy Friday, Sat and Sunday!!!

    I'm doing handsprings!!! But only mentally (too tired)!


    Bridg

     
  • At 7/22/2005 06:34:00 PM, Blogger MorningRose said…

    hey grats on the job, i'm sure everthing'll go as planned:)!!!!!! S'LATER:P

     
  • At 7/22/2005 06:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TY MR! MAN I hope so.....not celebrating yet tho..(don't wanna jinx it)

    Bridg

     
  • At 7/23/2005 01:57:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hope things all work out as you need them

    (( hugs ))

     
  • At 7/23/2005 09:04:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Sure hope it comes together for ya! In the meantime, it looks like the new guy is balancing things out a bit.
    My fingers are crossed!!

     
  • At 7/23/2005 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks so much, Raven and tshsmom! Tshsmom, you're right, the new guy is balancing things out. He had a bosshole (female) at his last job, so I think he identifies with what's going on here. And I know that the crossed fingers are helping.

    Raven, (((hugs)))) right back atcha. Love that little bunny pic... Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home