Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Last Night Of the World

ARTIST: Bruce Cockburn
TITLE: Last Night of the World
courtesy of http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/lastnigh.htm

I'm sipping Flor de CaƱa and lime juice, it's three a.m.
Blow a fruit fly off the rim of my glass
The radio's playing Superchunk and the friends of Dean Martinez

Midnight, it was bike tires whacking the pot holes
Milling humans' shivering energy glow
Fusing the space between them with bar-throb bass and laughter

If this were the last night of the world
What would I do
What would I do that was different
Unless it was champagne with you

I learned as a child not to trust in my body
I've carried that burden through my life
But there's a day when we all have to be pried loose

If this were the last night of the world
What would I do
What would I do that was different
Unless it was champagne with you

I've seen the flame of hope among the hopeless
And that was truly the biggest heartbreak of all
That was the straw that broke me open

If this were the last night of the world
What would I do
What would I do that was different
Unless it was champagne with you

Dontcha love that song world? I do.

If it was the last night of the world, who would you spend it with? Why?
Me, it would be with Jer, the guy who introduced me to B. Cockburn's music, and who's been a true blue pal for over 30 years. And my family of course including the four footed members.

Wanted to express my feelings to our London England bros and sisses but for once words fail. Can't believe this kind of *stuff* for lack of a better word is going on.

On to far more banal things...............
Had the meeting with Mr. B. He was NICE. This is driving me crazy. I wish he'd stick to a mood/personality. He gave me a specific task to do, not what I was afraid of but the deadline is insane. I just said OK.

It doesn't change my plans or views. I'm outa here.

He said that we have a new director (M's replacement) and that he's a laid back guy. OH RIGHT. THIS guy is hiring a laid back guy? Look out for flying pigs, guys.

Oh well, on the sane side, had lunch with Marc (Marcus) and S. Can you believe it? TWO great human beings at one time. Wow. I'm still on a high just from being with nice, funny (not to mention gorgeous but that's irrelevant) guys. Had incredible physical difficulties walking back to work and am now VERY concerned about whatever the hell is going on inside of me.

No more cheese or ice cream. There is obviously some serious muscle building up/plaque tearing down to be done. This was scary.

S and I decided to have mantras. Marcus is getting into the act but he said that the mantras have to be from songs or movies. So there goes my "I'm outa here" mantra (OK it's in a Shania Twain song but that doesn't count). Bet there's something good in Johnnie Dangerously!

Had another e mail war going on today. Man these guys are funny. I sure am going to miss them. Just like having more brothers and sisters.

Nothing much new in this corner of the world. I gave up trying to study at work for my sort of interview on Monday. Will do that at night. It's hard to study under stress. Besides now that I have an impossible deadline, there ain't no way I can study at work. Oh yah got interviewed by the ISO auditor. He was nice.

Yah know, what made it hard for me physically today might not have been what I've been eating lately.

It was probably the shock of Mr. B being nice.

I still can't get over that.

*shaking my head*

Have a great night, y'all!!!
Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 7/07/2005 06:51:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Bruce Cockburn is my son-in-law's fav! Kinda reminds ME of Gordon Lightfoot.
    OMG! I hope you're not allergic to B being nice! Are there meds for this?

     
  • At 7/07/2005 07:58:00 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Sorry I haven't been by recently. I still read even when I don't have anything profound to say in your comments area... like now. :P

     
  • At 7/07/2005 09:46:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey chica ...

    he was nice, eh? sounds like he's an MPD or something .... i guess take it for what it's worth .. but get the hell outta dodge. you don't need that kinda instability.

    i'd tell him to pick an personality and stick with it.

     
  • At 7/07/2005 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Tshsmom, BC lived down the road from Jery. He does remind me of GL too.Voice is very similar. Bet that IS an allergy...it sure is unnatural tee hee hee.

    Hey Red, same with me and your blog. I'm a faithful reader, even if not always a commenter. Glad you're here!

    Raven I like your style and definitely agree re 'pick a personality and stick with it'! Am definitely leaving Dodge. When he told me about the new boss today it didn't matter to me at all, which is a great sign (detachment). Am learning that instability is a killer, especially when its outer signs are all personal (attacks, being nice...). The little weirdo.

    Hugs, Bridg

     
  • At 7/08/2005 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Red, I can't get into your site. Every time I try to post a comment, the whole system freezes. Finally had to just close out. Thought you should know...Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home