Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's Raining Men

They're falling all over the ground
And it's a mess out there
Amen!

Sorry folks couldn't help that heh heh heh. It IS raining, tho and that's a great thing. When's the last time (think last year) when anyone was glad it rained? Well today everyone here was rejoicing and I bet Raven is too!

Today was a little odd. Sent out a note from Raven, appropriately edited, as a joke. It was a "this is my last e mail for a while" type thing saying that I was going to take off for a while with a gang of bikers (photo attached, they're all gorgeous topless men). Well, you would not believe the number of friends I have who think that I would suddenly chuck it all to go off with a biker gang! I stopped counting at 5 but honestly, I've gotta polish up the old image. One (who will remain nameless) called me as soon as the message went out (am very very grateful for the quick reaction, YOU-KNOW-WHO, and we are now definitely even for you making me wash your feet in the hospital!! But it wasn't intended that way). Am still reading the reactions to that joke! Hilarious! Thanks Raven for the best laugh I've had in ages!!

Then went to return DVDs I didn't see and to go buy CDs. Was looking for Kenny Loggins' version of Holiday Road (theme song to all the National Lampoon's Vacation movies) as well as some latino versions of Jose Feliciano. Didn't find THE Feliciano (or Loggins) that I was looking for but did find two excellent JF and KL ones plus Neil Diamond CDs. Was greatly insulted to find them under 'easy listening' and advised the staff of that..lol OH were they impressed (not). Also found two groups that aren't easy to find: Trooper (a local group) and Style Council. Man when I was looking for vinyl, had to order in SC. Anyway now instead of "It's Raining Men" I've got "Hitchcock Railway" on the brain (OK I'll admit there isn't much else in the old brainbox). First discovered that song and JF when I was in high school. Brings back wonderful memories.

Heard from S today, which was great, also from Pauly and both via e mail. I do miss those guys! Heard from M also. He had his 'chemistry test' today but the man involved didn't have any jobs and likely wouldn't until mid fall. I feel very very bad for The Boss. This sucks big time (hey but at least the man met with him, which means something). He, Pauly and Marc are the best in our field that I know and I can't believe that this is happening to him. Yes I know there's a reason but holy merde couldn't it be a bit more gentle? He's suffering and I hate that (OK I'm immature, never want my pals to suffer at all but still...). Do have an idea, will remind him of it tomorrow.

Can't character-building be enjoyable?

Or is that like asking for veggies to taste like chocolate?

Found out when M called that all my answering machines work, they all work simultaneously, and that this can be very confusing for folks calling. I thought that they pretty much cancelled each other out but no, that isn't what happened. Can you imagine trying to leave a message with four machines going at once? That poor man (still laughing)....fortunately I came home while he was struggling to get a message out. Struggling with the machines, that is.

Nothing else new here...hope your day was good, world? Am definitely going to the clinic about the stupid nose, spent all day trying not to itch it. This is hard when you have hayfever and everything's blooming at once...and having as little patience as I do...need some answers. Tee hee hee can you imagine a metallic nosecone? Like Madonna's Vogue outfit only on my nose?

OK Kid, time to stop.

Night world! Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 7/26/2005 10:04:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    lol .. did they not look at the picture??????

    hahahahaha that's hilarious !!!

     
  • At 7/26/2005 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Some of them couldn't open it, so I had to send it twice.

    But yah it was a laugh riot. The panicky e mails I got!! And the phone call!! I"m still laughing...this e mail got more reaction than anything I've sent out in years! Thanks Raven it was a HOOT.

    Some of the guys said that it didn't do anything for them, one woman bet that they were all gay, some named their faves and two of US said that 'like the Lord, we love them all' (no faves).

    AHAHAHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 7/27/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I probably already told you this (I suffer from CRS) but my cousin met Kenny Loggins twice. He lives down here in Santa Barbara. Supposebly he and his wife are wonderful people, very caring, very warm and friendly. They're big donors to local environmental causes here.

     
  • At 7/27/2005 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS that sounds like them! Your cousin is lucky. Just love his music. Most of it's so joyful....Bridg

     
  • At 7/27/2005 06:44:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Certainly not raining men here. Grrr...

     
  • At 7/27/2005 06:57:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Sigh not here either, WC, unless you count the gay ones.

    I just like the song and wanted to mess with the lyrics...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home