Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight

I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight
Atlanta Rhythm Section
Courtesy of:
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/a/atlantarhythmsectionlyrics/imnotgonnaletitbothermetonightlyrics.html

I picked up the paper this morning
And read all the daily blues
The world is one big tragedy
I wonder what I can do
About all the pain and injustice
About all of the sorrow
We're living in a danger zone
The world could end tomorrow
But I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
Tomorrow I might go as far as suicide (Bridg says not really!)
But I won't let it bother me tonight
Life on the street is a jungle
A struggle to keep up the pace
I just can't beat that old dog eat dog
The rats keep winnin the rat race
But I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
The world is in an uproar and I see no end in sight
But I won't let it bother me tonight
I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
Tomorrow I might go as far as suicide
But I won't let it bother me tonight
Lord, Lord, Lord
We got nothing but trouble
I've done all I can do today
So bartender pour me a double, right now
But I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
The world is in an uproar and I see no end in sight
But I won't let it bother me tonight
I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
No I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
Tomorrow I might go as far as suicide
But I will not let it bother me tonight

Thanks tshsmom for pointing out this song. Not only is it a stress reliever, it is eerily pertinent to the events in London.

Wow.

Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 7/10/2005 01:08:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yeah, and the song is 26 yrs old, so I guess the world hasn't changed THAT much. Life goes on even if we DON'T worry about it.

     
  • At 7/10/2005 02:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, you're right. Man I remember driving home from General Motors with this song or Blue Collar playing.

    That's going on 30 years ago.

    Yikes.

    Bridg

     
  • At 7/11/2005 06:07:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Yeah, those problems will always be with us. I try to never let it bother me. If you try to do too much, you'll end up burning out and becoming cynical.

     
  • At 7/11/2005 09:05:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Totally agree ZS, how are you and the Mrs doing? Miss ya....Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home