Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I'm Alright

Yea Kenny Loggins and such a fibber I am!

First off, an apology. Am stuck in this nested-do loop (endless cycle) of job, worry, Mr. B crap. Feel like something hypnotized by a cobra. The worst part is KNOWING that you're doing something wrong and not changing it. It's hard to focus out when there's so much going on inside. But this is going to end, soon I hope. Then I'll be back to the usual smartassery. . . . .

And now for something sort of familiar...

Asked Mr. B to take this aft and tomorrow a.m. off to study for interview. He agreed (VERY nice of him to do that!), so here I am. It's 5:00 and I just finished going through all the paperwork I have for the billionth time (all 4 inches of it). Am certain I'll forget it all by tomorrow.....oh well! Never said I was smart!

Did some of Mr. B's work, and (I) made some changes I think were unfortunate but easily fixed. Then realized by noon that all that was on my mind was the interview.

The roofers came 5 minutes before I was ready to leave the house today. The head of the team is a real smart alek (and cute and personable). I like him! The roof guys stopped working at 2:30, it was just too hot for them to be on the rooves (neighbors are getting theirs done also).

It was so hot that at work this a.m. I left my car keys for the lot attendant so that he could sit in the car with the a/c going. He was disappointed when I left at noon (but it was a surprise to me also). Hope he was OK this aft.

Talked to M also. His interview today was postponed because the man he was going to see had to go to the hospital. He'd hurt his knee pretty badly and he was in pain. Next week the man's on vacation, so it'll be the week after that. M is very down. I understand fully and wish I could inject some 'upness' into him. Hope he'll be OK. He was working outside (in this ridiculous heat) building a gazebo. I left a message that said if he WAS doing that, he was NUTS. His wife killed herself laughing at it. I think she agreed with me.

May have some other job possibilities coming up. I have an appointment on Thursday but the woman I have it with gave me very bad 'vibes'. Really bad. Think I'll be sick for that one. Hope I'm not wrong about this. I don't get these feelings very often, but every time I have and ignored them, I get into a big mess. This time I'm listening.

It's great to have Pauly back! Big grin, relaxed looking...he looks fine! S is OK too, as is Issy. My they are a fine bunch of folks, they really are. Love each and every one of them.

Mom is doing fine, except for the heat. I hope whoever invented a/c is in heaven. She has it at home, thank heavens. I think that the older folks are particularly vulnerable to extremes in temperature. HOpe that the rest of you are doing OK..what with heatwaves, hurricanes and all. Has this been a weather year or what???

Meanwhile, our four footed masters are relaxing at home while we work. Then we come home, feed them first and clean up their poop. And pet them. And play with them.

If there's reincarnation, I definitely want to be my cat next time around.

OK off to make dinner...have a great evening world. Please cross your fingers for me!

Bridg (the nervous)

8 Comments:

  • At 7/12/2005 05:57:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I always try to find something to be grateful for every day. Today I'm grateful that I'm not a roofer!

    Yes, I DO want to come back as one of MY pets, and I have a sweatshirt that says this.
    Right now our spoiled brat is laying on his back, on our bed, with all 4 feet in the air. In this heat, he runs outside to speed-pee and runs back into the AC comfort of the house.

    Trust your gut on that interview. There's a book out (can't remember the title) that says women would be a LOT safer if they learned to trust their gut instincts.

    In this heat EVERYBODY is getting snakey, so be careful!

     
  • At 7/12/2005 06:47:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Roofing is probably the hardest of all the blue-collar jobs. I feel sorry for those guys.

    As for reincarnation, I want to come back as a dog. They seem to have more fun than cats. My dog at least wags her tail 50% of all her waking time and most of the day is spent napping. What a good life.

     
  • At 7/12/2005 08:15:00 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    Hi there,

    I left you a post on Mel's blog - looks like they are going to put most of those cats down. I can't get it out of my head.

    How horrible.

    Hug your little ones tight, if they'll let you!!! :)

     
  • At 7/12/2005 09:11:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi tshsmom! Hey I saw something in my e mail about gratitude, that it's an energizer. I sent it to M. Can't believe you put the pet thing on a sweatshirt but it sure is a great idea. Is your puppy/dog a little guy? I can just see all 4 legs in the air. My folks always had collies. They sort of felt insulted that they had to do their business outside. No kidding. And got on the couches and beds every chance they got, lol.

    Hey I think I have that book. The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker? Have read it many times..it's good and empowering.

    Hey ZS love hearing from you. Darn right about roofing. Other than those highrise construction guys, can't think of anyone else I would NOT want to be. Get what you mean about doggies. Every time I see one their tails are going a million times a minute. Can't wait to get one.

    Kris that is awful news. Will try very hard not to picture that. Wait till I'm in charge of the universe. Boy will those guys get it. Not really kidding here....about the feeling anyway.

    love to all, Bridg

     
  • At 7/12/2005 09:47:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    sounds like it is as hot there as it is here ... been 103, 101, 99, 103 ... argghhh!!!

    i can't stand it!!!!

    trust your instinct .... you should listen to that little voice .. it's usually always right.

     
  • At 7/13/2005 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Raven, I will. Glad you agree with me...Bridg

     
  • At 7/13/2005 06:44:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    We have a 3 1/2 yr old, 75 lb, yellow lab. Hairry Potter. I plan on posting another pic soon. That's him (as a pup) with Z in my signature pic.

     
  • At 7/13/2005 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, love that name! Sounds like 10 tons of fun......lucky!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home