Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

I Will Play A Rhapsody

Guessing at the lyrics here, but the song's pounding in my head:

What wil you see?
What willyou be?
Anything you want to
--love is easy .

How will you know
if I am for you?
You won't know me to see me
But you'll know by what I do.

For I will play a rhapsody.
Cleverly disguise it
so it's not been heard before .
And I will sing a lullaby
to let you know I'm near you
through the night to keep you warm.

How will you know
where you should go?
Anywhere you want to
--love is fast or love is slow.
Falling through feelings
and falling through time,
--you won't know me to see me
but I'll come to you in rhyme.

For I will play a rhapsody,
cleverly disguise it
so it's not been heard before.
And I will sing a lullaby
to let you know I'm near you
through the night to keep you warm.

I will play a rhapsody
Cleverly disguise it
so it's not been heard before
And I will sing a lullaby
to let you know I"m near you
through the night to keep you warm.

I'll let you know I'm near you
through the night to keep you warm

I will play a rhapsody.

Very hot here. Is all of North America boiling? It's been like this for weeks. But at least it gives us stuff to think about lol (other than ....).

Signed onto messenger (yahoo and MS) for the first time in at least a year. Wow did I have messages, all from strangers, all of them male ;). Does this happen to you other ladies? There's nothing erotic in my profile or about my ids. Oh well. Guess that's how it goes...

Went to the gym to sign up again and found out that my membership doesn't expire until September. OK OK I'll start on Sunday. The parking lot was empty, it was so hot here. Even with the a/c on in the gym...

The roof guys called to arrange payment, and I asked them to get all the garbage (a roll of something about 6 inches in diameter, lots of metal stuff, broken tiles etc.) out of my back yard. Was going to do it myself but thought WTF ....and they will. Poor yard! Guess the roof is fine--looks like a roof to me, and it did before all the work started.

Was going to go to movies but decided not to. Too hot.
What does everyone else do when it's hot? Really hot?

Arranged a sort of blind date for coffee tomorrow aft. I am officially insane. But here goes. It's only coffee, made that very clear.

Well, off to make dinner or something. And have my head re-examined...Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 7/17/2005 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    Burton Cummings ROCKS!!

     
  • At 7/17/2005 01:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    yay, agree totally! Great to have a fellow BC fan aboard!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 7/17/2005 08:18:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    Girl ...

    it was 103 here yesterday and i thought i was truly in hell. i simply cannot stand it. we have only had one day this July under 90 degrees .. and i simply am going insane.

    i never have weird messages from strangers on Yahoo. and i HAVE crazy stuff on my profile ... LOL

    when it's really hot i take a lot of cool / cold showers ... and stay IN the house. drink lots of water .. (no caffeine .. i just read this) ...

    i can't believe you cancelled the blind date!!!!

     
  • At 7/17/2005 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Raven, well, I was very drowsy from taking 2 sleeping pills on Friday night but also this fellow, although otherwise nice, was pretty insistent about 'showing off' ahem on camera and wanted me to get my cam going. I disconnected that thing years ago because of a flood of demands from people I didn't know to do the same thing. What gets into these guys? Do that many women go along with this that they think that they'll be successful?

    Anyway, That's why I cancelled. Pretty yucky way to start off.

    Bridg

    p.s. thanks for the advice about the heat. tshsmom is right, it thunderstormed last night and today and the heat didn't break. Odd...

     
  • At 7/18/2005 06:51:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I was gonna ask you why you cancelled the date too. Now I get it!

     
  • At 7/18/2005 08:05:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    lol tshsmom! So you would have cancelled too?

     
  • At 7/19/2005 04:03:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Absolutely!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home