Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hitchcock Railway

Artist - Jose Feliciano
Hitchcock Railway
Don Dunn Tony McCashen 1969

Two train tickets to LA
One round trip
the other way
I'll make my bed
where a feather falls
I start to move
when forever calls

Home trip,
ticket to sail away
Hand grip,
Hitchcock railway
Soft ride,
made for comfort
Been tried,
guaranteed password
Hitchcock railway
Please don't fail to pay
I'm gonna fly
gonna live my mind
gonna testify
to the crowds in mind
Quick stop, good day
Hitchcock railway
hey hey hey hey yeah
Free fare,
conductor's coming
Prepare,
we better start running
On time,
at the tag man
Brakeline,
jump on it
you can
Quick stop, good day
Hitchcock railway
Hitchcock railway
Hitchcock railway
mmmmhmmmm
Two train tickets to LA
One round trip
the other way
I'll make my bed
where a feather falls
I start to move
when forever calls

Home trip
ticket to sail away
hand grip
Hitchcock railway
sub ride
made for comfort
been tried
guaranteed password
Hitchcock railway
please don't fail to pay
I'm gonna fly
gonna live my mind
gonna testify
to the crowds in mind
Quick stop, good day
Hitchcock railway
hey hey hey hey yeah
Hitchcock railway
Hitchcock railway yeah
Hitchcock railway yeah
Hitchcock railway
Hitchcock railway yeah
Hitchcock railway
Hitchcock railway

I'm gonnna buy you a ticket
understand me baby
don't you know
I'm really gonna move
on the train
I'll go insane
I'll go insane
on that train

These lyrics took forever to figure out. The ones on the net that I found were wrong, probably someone else's version (Joe Cocker most likely). Am sitting here transcribing them trying to forget that I spent a lot of time tonight cutting down what I think was the world's biggest poison oak plant. At least I think it was poison oak. Big tall sucker (breast high), leaves of three, but not shiny, had corrugated type leaves and spiny stickers EVERYWHERE. Wore gloves and scrubbed with soap and am laundering my clothes in the hottest water possible, but...who knows. It sure was unpleasant, whatever that plant was. Didn't give up easy. Of course the bee balm is doing great. I was armed with bee killer.

Do you know what's very bright yellow, small and like a sparrow, and not afraid of people? Me neither but they (the pair) watched me garden with great interest this afternoon. Boy talk about bright--there is no way a bird like THAT can hide lol. Best they laughed their birdy asses off at me!

Jer dropped by with a tape he made for me of Bruce Cockburn being interviewed and playing Jer's fave song and my fave song (yes they're different ones) both from Breakfast in New Orleans, Dinner in Timbucktu (dontcha love that title?). Steve Fearing was also on the tape. Very thoughtful, Jer and thanks for the visit. It's amazing, sometimes it feels like Jer was sick only a week or so ago, other times it's like it never happened, or happened centuries ago.

The garden looks better now. You can walk through it, which wasn't possible before I did the hacking I mean trimming out there today. Didn't do anything else. Was very very lazy. Did the gardening because tomorrow is the garden waste day. Emmis was at it too. She thought of something else to do to the houses besides roofing and repaving the driveway. Fine, whatever.....must be nice to be retired.

I am LOVING not being at work except for missing the guys, which is a big thing. Can't stop thinking and worrying about M. He doesn't have to work for money, I should be worrying about ME. Guess it's a habit. Was awake until 4:00. Fortunately the Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe let me sleep in until noon today.

OK off to finish the laundry..may your days not have poison anything in them lol!

hugs, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 7/27/2005 09:08:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    your right .. M is a big boy and you should worry about you .... and figure out what YOU are going to do.

    take care of YOU for once.

    (( hugs ))

     
  • At 7/27/2005 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Raven, and ((hugs)) right back. That's exactly what Pauly said to me...have this sneaking suspicion that it's easier to help others than to deal with myself, know what I mean?

    But yer right, gotta do it...

    thanks for being a truly great pal!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 7/28/2005 09:44:00 AM, Blogger Justice said…

    You are braver than me...I avoid poison oak like the plague. Got 2 really bad cases of it as a teenager and still shudder to think about it.

     
  • At 7/28/2005 03:40:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Were the birds goldfinches?
    You're right, it's always easier to help others rather than ourselves!

     
  • At 7/28/2005 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Justice, welcome to the zoo and LOVE that name! Boy do I feel sorry for you. That must have been terrible!!

    Tshsmom--not sure what they were. Pretty big for little birds if you know what I mean. They hang around my place and Emmi's (next door). Hope they're eating buggies...will look up goldfinches on the Net..and you and Raven are right, sigh, focussing on what I have to do. So far the little stuff's falling into place (cat to vet, car to garage, etc.)..hopefully the bigger ones will too...Bridg

     
  • At 7/28/2005 10:21:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I hope it's not poison oak. Poison oak doesn't have thorns though. I think I know the plant you're talking about. If so, you're safe.

     
  • At 7/28/2005 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Well ZS, no rash, no itchies, so I guess it wasn't poison anything and am NOT disappointed!

    Sure was darn big & uuuuugly, tho!
    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home