Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Have To Say I Love You In A Song

Love Jim Croce....

Hi Guys/World! How was your Friday? Here it still is clear, cool ish, and breezy. Love this....
Took The Most Spoiled Cat In the Universe to see her slave friends I mean doctor for an annual checkup. Got a totally clean bill of health. She's lost a little weight (by eating 4 cans of cat food a day??? The little cans), nothing else wrong at all. I was estatic. The thyroid treatment she got ($1100) worked like a charm, her bladder stones have not come back, and most of the folks there were commenting on how pretty she is (grey fluffy little monster, I just love her to bits!). Cheapest appointment I've ever had there ($70).

Of course, little sis got it into her head to go out to the movies (yay) and of all the hours in the day to call, called exactly when I had to c atch the cat, stick her in a carrier and motor like crazy to the vet's. And she wanted to yak. OK had to get a bit short with her but in the end, all of us: Mom, me, Sis, Sis' partner and Sis' partner's daughter all went to see Sky High. It was a HOOT! You really have to take a kid with you to see it, it's worth the giggle. Then we went out for dinner and Daughter and I were jiving in our seats to the music. Normal folks would have been embarrassed to be seen with the two of us, but not Sis, Partner and Mom. It was fun. So here I am blogging about it.

Couldn't sleep last night either. Up till 3:00, woke up today at 12:30, mostly at Smokey's insistence.

So how was your day? Any good jokes? As you can see from the pic posted hier, I think that Tshsmom was right, those were European goldfinches visiting the garden a day or two ago. Flashy little things. Thanks for the tip, Tshsmom.

Totally forgot to tease S (that's what I get for staying up so late) but did think of a great prank to play on Bro. You'd have to know Bro to get this, but he taped down a runner in one of mother's corridors. Sis' partner Rosie did the other one. I'm gonna tell Bro that his runner's crooked. It'll drive him nuts. Plus Rosie's gonna say that
Bro never talks to her on the phone when she answers (Bro thinks that SHE's annoyed with HIM). This is gonna be cool.

Neat being in a family where we all got stuck at the age of 5! Tee hee hee.

Here's a joke from friend Ray (who is a darling):

Two blondes boarded a crowded bus and one of them mispered to the other, " Watch me embarrass a man into giving me his seat."

Pushing her way through the crowd, she turned all her charms upon a gentleman who looked like he might embarrass easily. "My dear Mr. Wilson," she gushed, "fancy meeting you on the bus. Am I glad to see you . Why, you're almost a stranger. My, but I'm tired."

The sedate gentleman looked up at the girl. He had never seen her before, but he rose and said pleasantly, "sit down, Mary my girl. It isn't often I see you on washday. No wonder you're tired. Being pregnant isn't easy. By the way, don't deliver the wash until Thursday. My wife is going to the District Attorney's office to see whether she can get your husband out of Jail."

And here's a joke from Adrian T:

Gauteng Metro policeman pulled a car over and told the driver that because he had been wearing his seat belt he had just won R5 000, in an Arrive Alive safety competition.

Being a Mozambician, the driver could hardly believe his luck. "What are you going to do with your cash?" asked the traffic cop. "Well I guess I'm going to get a drivers licence," he answered.

"Oh, don't listen to him," yelled a woman in the passenger seat. "He tries to be smart when he's drunk."

This woke up the guy in the back seat who took one look at the cop and moaned, "I knew we wouldn't get far in a stolen car."

At that momentthere was a knock from the boot and a voice said, "Are we over the
border yet?"At which point - The cop fainted.

Have some other jokes but since they're pictures, have to post separately.

Party On, World!!

Cheers, Bridg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home