Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Halleluiah

HI guys! As you can tell from the title, it went great.

Only it wasn't an interview, it was a 'chemistry test'. To see if there was a good fit between the organization, the boss and me. There was! My background is unusual. Can't say what it is, but it's very unusual. And all of it is what this place needs. Even my salary wasn't a problem. It will take a while to sort things out, like October-November, because there are other people shifting around, but it was all positive. This is a good guy. Smart, ethical, gets things done and is good with people. I know his boss (a very big gun) and like him also.

So it might take a while, but looks good.

I'll keep looking just in case.

But all of the folks that this man knows like me (OK a lot of people like me. Just Mr. B doesn't). Which is all good.

So I didn't have to do all that studying but I'm very glad that I did.

M is also sounding better, he has a meeting scheduled at the place he expected to go to in two weeks. I know they'll offer him something (OK I think I know) because he's good.

All together now: W.H.E.W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The get together that I had turned out to be over lunch. I went to get some money just in case I wound up paying, and the ATM card wouldn't work. I was furious, and only had half an hour to get to the place to meet my lunchee. After lunch (2:00), went and got it straightened out. The bank had forgotten to remove the 'don't let Bridg's card work" message that it put on on Monday. Brilliant. What if I'd tried to pay with that damn card in a restaurant? During the chemistry test?

Grrrrr.

Anyhow, I'm celebrating with pizza. Join me?

Thanks for all your patience, good cheer and support. It isn't over yet, but it sure looks and feels a lot better than it did before.....Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 7/13/2005 06:52:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Great news! Yeah, when I interviewed people, more than 50% of the interview was me finding out if I liked the person or not.

    Glad you seem to get along. That to me is #1 important thing about a job. #2 is salary/benefits of course and #3 is whether or not this company will be around in the next few years. I'm tired of working for companies that are about to go out of business.

    Anyways, enough about me. Congradulations, I hope. Knock on wood.

     
  • At 7/13/2005 06:57:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks ZS...feels good! Hoping this is a good sign for you and the Mrs too!! REally I believe in prayer and you guys are in mine...

    hugs, Bridg.....

     
  • At 7/13/2005 10:38:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Whheeewwwww!!!

     
  • At 7/14/2005 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    Whew.

     
  • At 7/14/2005 08:10:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    that is great news, huh?!

    i remember when you first started your hiatius ... and all the worry you had ... i'm glad that things are coming together ... all in due time.

    i am really happy for you girl.

    :)

     
  • At 7/14/2005 08:36:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Raven...it's not over yet by a long shot but sure is looking brighter. Can't wait to get myself outa here in some ways...you're the best! And thanks for all your encouragement (may still need it, I'm not staffed yet lol), it helped more than I"ll ever be able to express.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home