Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying

No the title doesn't reflect a mood, just think it's a great song. The words are slightly altered to reflect J. Feliciano's rendition of it (MAN that guy has soul!):

Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
Gerry And The Pacemakers
(Marsden - Marsden - Chadwick - Maguire) courtesy of http://www.webfitz.com/lyrics/Lyrics/1964/461964.html

Don't let the sun catch you cryin'
The night's the time for all your tears
Your heart may be broken tonight
But tomorrow in the morning light
Don't let the sun catch you cryin'
The night-time shadows disappear
And with them go all your tears
For the morning will bring joy
For every girl and boy
So don't let the sun catch you cryin'

We know that cryin's not a bad thing
But stop your cryin'
when the birds sing
It may be hard to discover
That you've been left for another
But ya gotta remember that love's a game
And it can always come again
Oh don't let the sun catch you cryin'
Don't let the sun catch you cryin', oh no
Oh, oh, oh

Did absolutely nothing today except get dressed, and thanks to three bad nosebleeds even that took some doing! Would love to find out what the heck is causing this. Never had them before in my life until recently.

Am missing the guys at work, especially Pauly and S. It's kind of like punishment not being able to joke etc. with them but it's also great to sleep in (today The Most Spoiled Cat In the Universe got me up at 11:00. Can you believe that??). Heard from M and Jery, which was wonderful. Kept remembering something Pauly did a long time ago which was abolutely hilarious. He mentioned it on Friday and I"m still laughing at it. ...

Like G New Boss said, ya gotta get out more!

OK I will if only to give you guys something interesting to read.
Heard that it's cooler in Colorado (YAY Raven have a great day/week/month) and elsewhere, so looks like things are lookin' up all over.

Sending ya hugs, world. And wishing M all the best in his meeting tomorrow, and Raven all the best in hers today.

Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 7/25/2005 09:07:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    thank you Brig (( hugs ))

    we are having rain rain rain right now ... and maybe 70s tomorrow. it's all moved to the east .. :(\

    hope you had a good first day of your three weeks .... i'm jealous!!!

     
  • At 7/25/2005 10:16:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Three nose bleeds? I'd go to the doc. Maybe you have a borrowing worm or something. Yuck!

     
  • At 7/25/2005 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    YW RAven, ((hugs)) not that I had anything to do with it lol! Very happy that things are cooling down but hope that the cooler weather stays around you some more.

    How did your meeting go? Well I hope!

    Undies, I sure hope that I don't have worms! It isn't like I've been anywhere or done anything, but maybe you're right about the doc. Will check it out (yuk, a cute male doc looking up my nose...)

    lol

    BRidg

     
  • At 7/26/2005 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Nose bleeds are probably from stress... just a guess though.

    You're kitty is so nice to let you sleep til 11. Mine won't let me sleep past 7. Once I'm awake, they go off to sleep the rest of the day away.

    Devil kitties.

     
  • At 7/26/2005 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Well, if you were living in a dry climate, which I know you're certainly NOT, I might say the nosebleeds are due to your nose being dry. It happened to me in the winters when I was young. Given the stupid humidity where you live, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Unless you're in air conditioned spaces the whole time. That really dries out the environment. Hm. Hope it resovles itself soon.

     
  • At 7/26/2005 01:09:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Mel my little monster does JUST that! Goes to sleep right after she eats. And first attempt to get me up is in time to go to work lol. Darn right devil kitties!!! Aren't they the best??

    WC thanks for the perspective! The house is a/c'd, so is the car and I haven't been out in days. Most of the nbs are in the mornings on weekends, not at work. Bet that's it!!
    Thanks...Bridg

     
  • At 7/26/2005 07:18:00 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    My devil kitty got me up at 4. And then 6.

    And later in the day he stole my bra.

     
  • At 7/26/2005 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Sagepaper said…

    Your cat sounds really sweet! No wonder it's the most spoiled cat in the universe! Heat can cause nose bleeds, I got them as a kid in the summer. The leading cause of nosebleeds, according to the two M.D.s in the family, is nose picking. Many patients are unnecessarily embarassed to hear that. It's actually more like scab-picking, but in your nose.

    The only caution is if you have high blood pressure. If you are on treatment for it, do see a doctor. If you aren't sure of your current blood pressure, many pharmacies have free blood pressure reading machines.

    It is highly unlikely that blood pressure is the cause, especially if it is in the morning when our bp's tend to be lowest. It is, however, possible to have your blood pressure so high that you get a nose bleed. That scenario would be a medical emergency. If the pressure could break vessels in your nose, it could break vessels in your brain.

    Isn't it fun to read the writings of someone who has no sense of delicacy? It's the matter-of-factness of a doctor's daughter (and another's wife) combined with the disinhibition of TS.

     
  • At 7/26/2005 09:27:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Kris, you convinced me. That kitty is definitely possessed! He can have my bra if he really wants one that badly lol...

    Sagepaper, thanks lol. No it's not from nosepicking, but I am taking meds for high blood pressure and they doubled it a year or so ago (the meds I mean). Happens at all times but usually on weekends, usually right after talking/doing work, so I'm betting on that one. ICK that flippin' job...Know what you mean about no sense of delicacy. I majored in biology and being from a medical family, you can imagine how gross the talk over dinners was....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home