Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Behind Blue Eyes

Behind Blue Eyes (Who) courtesy of: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/w/who,-the/146515.html
No one knows what it’s like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
No one knows what it’s like
To be hated
To be fated
To telling only lies
But my dreams
They aren’t as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That’s never free
No one knows what it’s like
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through
But my dreams
They aren’t as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That’s never free
When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool
If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
If I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat
No one knows what it’s like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

Hola world, how goes it?

Still baking in the heat here. Where is all this schmutz coming from? Yikes.

The new boss (M's replacement) started today. Nice guy. Listens, not bossy, not egotistical. And get this--MARC is coming BACK!

Isn't that cool?

Isn't it awful? I"m leaving a supergroup, and worse, and being MADE to leave by the (underqualified, huge ego nincompoop) idiot who's running it. No feeling in the world like being personna non gratia in a place where you used to matter and that you used to love.

On the plus side, I'm not here mentally anymore, don't want to be here (but sorta do, if only Mr. B was not here), and others might be interested in hiring me.

It's still a very weird feeling.

Finished all my work today, even the little jobs, and so asked for and got the next three weeks off. The new boss is taking that time off too (actually a bit longer).

I might come back and find my stuff (ha! my 'stuff' consists of a kleenex box, literally) in the washroom or a coat closet.

Shouldn't care but do.

Feels like the night before Christmas--every minute is a year long.

Did get two compliments on my work today from Mr. B. The shock (of his being nice) is beginning to wear off. He also said that he heard good things about our group from other organizations (duh). I know that I have a good rep, so do the rest of us. Am shaking my head here. If I don't know an area, I know that I don't know it, and don't make assumptions that my limited knowledge is all the info that exists on it in the world.

A man who's equal to Mr. B in seniority, but who's retired, volunteers at the hospital I go to for heart stuff. When I told him who my boss' boss was, he laughed and said "there's a man who never let a lack of information get in the way of having an opinion". Burst out laughing when he said that, but how accurate.

It makes this easier to take.

Hope your world is calm and well, world! Please look out for the Mr. Bs....

Bridg

10 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2005 10:13:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    love the version by Limp Bizkit too ... a great deal.

    okay .. i am so confused .. are you staying or leaving.

    who is "M" .. is "M" Marc? if not .. who is Marc and why is he coming back? is this a good thing?

    you are taking three weeks off? wow! lucky you!!

    (( hugs )) as usual!

     
  • At 7/18/2005 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Raven! No M is not Marc..(there are entirely too many good looking unavailable guys in this group. Marc is also handsome but doesn't look like Richard Gere/Pierre Trudeau. Don't know who Marc looks like...but even guys call him good looking!). Marc coming back is excellent--he's calm, funny/dry, very good at our job, everyone likes him. Not to mention that he's easy on the eyes.

    Same with S. They could be brothers in that sense (smart, funny, easy to get along with).

    It's sad in that I'm really really really gonna miss the group that much more.

    And of course, Pauly, the heart and soul of the group.

    Oh man what a bunch of talent and personalities. And now I get to go. crap!

    Yes need the 3 weeks. Have a total of 7 altogether...((hugs right back atcha)), Bridg

     
  • At 7/18/2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Am definitely leaving. Have been there way too long and on top of that Mr. B's happiness depends on my leaving....sigh.

     
  • At 7/18/2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ppss. But I have to find a job to go to of course...

     
  • At 7/19/2005 03:59:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I feel for you. Change is always really hard for me.

     
  • At 7/19/2005 05:47:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks tshsmom! Mr. B was a B today, which really helped me feel much better about changing...more good news too...

     
  • At 7/19/2005 05:52:00 PM, Blogger Briar Annie said…

    Good looking guys? Your a step above me - I work in a office of all women. No doubt that's the primary cause of my office's troubles.

     
  • At 7/19/2005 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Three weeks of hol? You are sooooo lucky! I'm going to need three months by the end of the summer, if it keeps going like it is! I'm very happy for you though. I hope you get some good down-time. I also hope it cools off for you... I do NOT miss the Ottawaaaah summers at all!

     
  • At 7/19/2005 06:02:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Briar Annie, that's one of the things I'm going to miss. These guys are very cute, very smart and funny as all get out. ALL of them!

    WC, I bet you don't miss Ottawa summers! Or the winters either..this place has extremes in both seasons..the mosquitoes are the size of birds...but my family's here....Hope you do get to take hols soon. Nothing planned for mine but movies and sleep ...Bridg

     
  • At 7/19/2005 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Brian Annie, I think you've got something there. When I first started working in '74, was in an all female group.

    MAN that was tough....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home