Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Baby I'm A Want You

Le't's hear it for Bread!

Nothing much going on today....had to take sleeping pills to sleep because of big nap yesterday. Cat woke me up in time to get dressed and get hair done by pal Brenda, the world's most awesome person and hairdresser. Then home to get lunch (at 3:30) and read. And sleep so it turns out.

Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe demanded a few hours later to be fed, then get her litter changed. And this turkey (me) of course complies immediately.

Either I am very easily bossed, or this cat is running my life. I suspect the latter is going on.

Going to see Mark Knopler (sp??) with Jer. Will blog about it in a day or two. No walking, OK Jer???? LOL.

Mom had a bad dizzy spell while grocery shopping. Of course she hadn't been eating, took a long time shopping (she wears ME out) and it was hot. Naturally she didn't put her cell phone in her purse so she couldn't call any of us. A wonderful angel stranger (woman) took her home but it scares the living daylights out of me. Bigger Bro went over to her house later on (when he got home) and made her eat while he was there, and teased her about none of us having ESP so she'll have to bring the @#$& cell with her. I've said that before, put the cell in her purse but she keeps taking it out. It's as if she WANTS bad stuff to happen (pulling my hair out by the roots). Now that B Bro has said it, I think she'll do it. She tends to listen more to men.

ARRRGGGHH does anyone else out there have these kinds of issues? How do you handle it? I love her to bits...guess it is very hard to become dependent on others when you're independent.

Know what the Who said about dying before you get old? Yah well......

Stop that Bridg. Behave.

Have a wonderful evening, all. Sleep tight, good dreams....wake up smiling, eh? Gotta go catch the end of Gone With The Wind....

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 7/03/2005 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    I was with you until "Gone With the Wind."

     
  • At 7/03/2005 07:26:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey girl ... scary about your Mom ... and the same thing used to happen with my mom .. only she had dementia ... i was so worried that she would wander off and not remember how to get home or something of that nature.

    i insisted that if she needed to go to the store that i had to take her ... (she lived like 2 blocks away from the grocery store) ... sometimes she'd listen .. sometimes not.

    i always waited for "that call" ...

     
  • At 7/03/2005 09:46:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    LOVE Bread!! Hubby and son hate them, so I have to listen when I'm alone, not a bad thing.
    Mark Knopfler; how COOL! "I want my MTV." THAT one, my hubby would LOVE!
    Our dog is WAY more spoiled than my kids have ever been. Z was up all night with a thunderstorm and I needed to sleep this morning. Hairry INSISTED that I shouldn't be in bed past 6 A.M. Oh well, he gave me lots of snuggles, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

     
  • At 7/03/2005 03:06:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Kris, lol GWTW is the ultimate chick flick. Don't blame you for not wanting to go there!

    Raven it sure is scary. I hate it when the phone rings at work, it's usually nothing good if it has to do with Mom. Sometimes it's ok but...hard on the nerves. Thank Heavens B Bro is retired and helping. It takes some of the pressure off...

    Tshsmom, glad I'm not the only one with a furry alarm clock or who likes Bread! Anytime you want to listen drop over!! Re MK, I'll post later...

    Bridg

     
  • At 7/03/2005 06:40:00 PM, Blogger dustbunny101 said…

    Love Bread, hate Gone With the Wind--Scarlet is a silly, spoiled twit!
    I hope your mom starts remembering to take her cell with her. My mother had a weird dizzy spell while shopping a few weeks ago, but all they figured out was that she has some sort of vertigo. Hmm.

     
  • At 7/05/2005 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said…

    Luckily most of my grandparents did not do anything really dangerous before they died. I have one grandma still alive and she realizes her memory is failing, so she actually listens (or appears to). I think your approach is good - find someone who she will actually take advice from. Also, when my other grandma got "unsafe", one of us family members would go to her doctor appointments with her to see what the good doc had to say. It's nice for everyone to be on the same page. Hope that helps.

     
  • At 7/06/2005 07:27:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Jen and dustbunny! Glad we're on the right track. Some idiot called me at 9:30 at night last night. Almost fainted. You know when your mom's in 'that' condition, late phone calls usually don't bring good news.

    It was a wrong number. All 3 times!

    Hugs, Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home