Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Your Body Is Wonderland

I keep seeing that line everywhere in blogland, so here it is again. Certainly not true in my case except in the sense of "Holy cr*p how did you GET that way?!!" tee hee hee.

Hola world. How does it march?

Expected to spend a frantic night after THE WORD from Mr. B. Instead fell asleep on the couch, slept the sleep of the innocent (but about to be slaughtered) and woke up there at 8:00. And promptly fell asleep again after feeding The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe. The afternoon was a combo of leisurely reading of news paper (which I still have not finished) plus a romp with my mother through the local market in search of farm grown tomatoes. This turned into a treasure hunt, yielding a cache of blackberries, cherries (yes wonderful cherries warmed by the sun), red raspberries, the biggest blue petunia you've ever seen and an equally huge fuscia (white-pink). There used to be a hummingbird or two (brave souls) in this neighborhood. Don't know if they're still around but if they are, they will love both plants. The mosquitoes welcomed me home ravenously (here they are the official provincial bird). Now summer can start. And it sure looks and feels like it has--it got to 32 degrees C with the humidex. Love air conditioning.

Just before market hopping, stopped in at my friendly local banker's to see if they could figure out if I can afford to retire, like NOW. They were not up on retirement info for my org but did give me the 1-800 number of people who are. When I explained why I was doing this, the bank agent (Rita) asked me why I hadn't gone the harassment route or other. I explained that those are aimed AGAINST the staff, very pro manager, and it's easier to just leave. She had been through the same scene.

Can you imagine this? I cannot count the number of women I've spoken to (men also) who have had the same experience I've had or (get this) worse. What does that say ....oh never mind. Not worth the adrenaline.

Figured on visiting our local nuthouse (the Royal Ottawa) tonight or tomorrow to see if THEY think I should be working now. Actually I think that it shouldn't be me visiting this place, but you can't force "managers" to go. Anyway enough of that, I at least have some direction.

And my Mom, bless her heart, is right there behind and beside me. God love her. I would definitely be in a looney bin if she were not here with me.

So anyhow, after all this popping about, we wound up at Kelsey's.

I don't know how any of you feel about beer, it is not my number one drink (that would be mohitos and pina coladas and yah I know it's a girly thing)...but on a day this hot, when you're reallly hungry (this is 3:30 now), there is nothing better than a cold draft beer and a great burger. And that's what we had. Soul satisfying food. YUM.

Off to drown my brain in TV.

May your days be merry and briiiiiight.....

just practicing ;)!!

Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2005 09:16:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    yea i love beer on occasion too ... sometimes you're just in the mood for it and nothing else will hit the spot.

    i just don't know what to say about the job thing other than it'll work out like it's supposed to. you know?

     
  • At 6/05/2005 11:27:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I hate beer; but pina coladas, now you're talking!
    On hot days, there's nothing like a gin and tonic with a slice of lime(haven't had one of these in years). I must be getting old cuz now I settle for low-cal lemonade on hot days.

     
  • At 6/05/2005 01:23:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Raven...Me neither re the job thing, except thanks for reminding me about ultimate outcomes. YOu're absolutely right. This psychic I went to told me about 10 years ago that I was facing 'a river of sh*t, with a pot of gold on the other side'. He was absolutely right, so it turned out. Knowing about the gold helped, and your words are the gold.

    tshsmom-TY for the reminder. I LOVE G&Ts. Very good on a hot day. I tend to gulp them like water...but great.

    What's low cal lemonade ;)?

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/05/2005 01:44:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Artificially sweetened. I like Crystal Light the best.

     
  • At 6/05/2005 02:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    just joking about the low cal....although I do live in diet gingerale. Will give CL a shot!

    Wonder how it would taste with gin? hmmmmmmBRidg

     
  • At 6/05/2005 03:53:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Never thought of gin, but it's great w/vodka!

     
  • At 6/05/2005 06:25:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    Geeze you're all a bunch of alcoholics. Make mine a double : )

     
  • At 6/05/2005 07:08:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    Mmmmm, Mohitos!

     
  • At 6/05/2005 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    My body IS a wonderland, dammit!

     
  • At 6/05/2005 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    lol Red! I don't go that way but I have NO doubt but that it is!!!


    Undies,Tshsmom and Raven, your drinks are ready!

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/06/2005 05:24:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Be right there!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home