Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Wonderful World

The Louis Armstrong version. Lovely song, that.

Hi world how goes it?

Survived a week from hell. M had said that he didn't see how I could walk back in there after being off. Me neither but I did. Went through several sessions from hell, didn't lose my cool in any of them, and came out of it feeling (a la James Bond) shaken but not stirred.

And made a decision that's been hanging over my head for a long time---to leave the insane asylum. I'm very good at what I do (sorry I don't mean to brag but they don't give awards to people in my field and I have 5 or so), this guy is a miserable failure by his own admission and all the evidence. Why stay and put myself in the line of fire (remember what'll happen in fall? THAT) for an incompetent ingrate? The group, much as I love the people in it (well except one), has been neglected, starved, put down and pushed around for many many years (the last 5 at least). In walking away, I'm leaving the management (so-called) to pull itself out of the sewer. It can't, and we all know that. My friends are safe and will continue to be so. All of them are 'new' and can't be blamed for what is to come, and all of them are in a position to easily leave if they want to. I hope we all wind up in the same place again, and soon. I love them all and will not lose contact with them (as proof, Eric, my 76 year old friend, I met in 1985. I don't let go of folks I like easily).

Anyway, back to more fun stuff, like today. Got up early (ha! at 11:00), took Mom to get her hair done, bought Peggy another present (her bd is Tuesday--actually I have a present for her at home that I forgot about), sent it by courier, got my property tax bill faxed to Toronto (due Tuesday--for some reason the tax office won't send it to my quite proper/normal bank!), got my bro his bd present and yet another card, got pet stuff (have to buy The Most Spoiled Cat In The World's food from a special store, no less), picked up Mom, did grocery shopping, unloaded both of our stuff, went to get my Mom's present to Bro (movie tickets) and went to see Batman. Just got in a few minutes ago.

Every time I started feeling scared/intimidated/heartsick over work, reminded myself "You are LEAVING!! None of this matters". Think I"m gonna make it my mantra for the time being. Need a statement like that to keep me from telling him off. It's in there, I just gotta control myself enough to shut up.

Jer has tickets to an interview with a musician friend on Monday night, bless his heart. We're going together. S is suffering from blues...no damn wonder. I wish I could blot all the pain away from his heart and replace it with happiness/love/good stuff. He is so good. So is Jery.

My life's so damn blessed by the people in it. Pauly has endless patience with me and the best advice. M is the same. Jer, Eric, S...words fail me. Jer and Pauly are rocks, true blue solid rocks. M is a recent rock, so is S. And Issy. I don't know her as well, but the goodness just shines through the pores of these folks. If you could see what I feel from them you'd be blinded. And you too, I've said it before. Raven, ZS, ann, tshsmom....the list goes on and on thank heavens. There are others I have not talked to or mentioned yet but they're there just the same. Waiting and being loving friends.

May each of you have as many of you as I do in your lives. May you know the peace, gratefulness and love that I feel for each of you. Don't ever let the little people (here I mean little as in character) ever get to you or convince you that you're less than the splendid beings that you are.

MWAH!!

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2005 01:58:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    Don't ever let the little people (here I mean little as in character) ever get to you or convince you that you're less than the splendid being that you are.

    great words of wisdom from a very good friend and a great woman.

    now, repeat them 100 times and say them towards yourself.

    then tell Mr. Butthead to go screw himself! :)

     
  • At 6/19/2005 10:10:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Sounds like B might have a bit of a jealousy problem. Could it be that he has "issues" with women who are smarter than he is?
    I think Raven's words should be your mantra: As soon as I find another job I can tell Butthead to go screw himself!
    I'm proud of the way you're maintaining control of the situation!!

     
  • At 6/19/2005 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Dear Raven and tshsmom--I love you both! Thanks so very very much for the reassurance and support--they and you mean the world to me.

    Woke up today with the weirdest feeling that I don't live in my house anymore. Odd, and then have been having those 'ice in tummy' feelings till I read your comments.

    Thank you thank you thank you both from the bottom of my heart. And I'm very much taking your words to heart. And you bet I will do that 'telling'.

    Unfortunately I have a meeting with him on Monday, so will have to control myself appropriately for now.

    a billion hugs, Bridg

    p.s. Yes tshsmom, it's definitely a jealousy problem. The only women in our group besides me (who he inherited) are 'handmaidens' in terms of junior rank and mannerisms. I just don't know my place, lol. He's a good ole boy.

     
  • At 6/19/2005 11:33:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    That "good ole boy" attitude is IMPOSSIBLE to overcome.

     
  • At 6/19/2005 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Agree again, tshsmom. That attitude is bred in the bone for those afflicted with it. Only thing I can think of to 'deal' with it is leave (like ZS's approach, but jail doesn't appeal to me now/yet!).

    Bridg

     
  • At 6/21/2005 03:45:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Bridget - will we get a review of Batman? Should we go see it?

     
  • At 6/21/2005 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Yes ZS, well, I won't give it the usual kind of review because those spoil the movie for me. Here's what I can say:

    SEE IT SEE IT SEE IT SEE IT SEE IT!
    The movie isn't 'campy' like the others were. It gets into the how and why of how batman originated. It has two very scary and talented bad guys (Liam Neeson is one of them) and incredible scenes. Very logical, believeable and well done. I'm going to see it again, very soon. Ten out of ten potatoes. Really.

    If you have to choose between Batman Begins and the Star Wars movie, go for Batman. You definitely won't be sorry.

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home